Thinkpad T460s / OpenCore
CPU
i7-6600U
Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hi,
I followed the Guide from simprecicchiani for an Thinkpad T460s (over on GitHub) and everything works Perfect even Graphics acceleration. And I can use 2 Monitors if it is only 1 external and the internal display. But if I try to connect 2 External Displays only my Primary 1440p monitor works. It uses the lower resolution of my second Monitor but the Second Monitor does not show a Picture, but it wakes up from standby by itself.
I have no clue what causes this and I would greatly Appreciate it if anybody can Help!

Ps:
GPU is a Intel HD 520

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.8 MB · Views: 93
How are you connecting these two external displays, mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort and HDMI to HDMI cables from the mDP and HDMI connections on the laptop?

Which doesn't work, mDP or HDMI?

Are you using any adapters?

What resolutions are the two external displays?

Have you checked that the connectors you are using are set correctly, use IORegistryExplorer, post a copy here using the version linked in this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

Im connecting the Monitors directly to the Thinkpad Dock so no adapters. My Primary Display with HDMI (1440p) and my Secondary with DVI (1080p). and if I turn my Laptop on with Both Monitors plugged in Both turn on but mirrored and I can't turn that of in system Preferences (only looks like the 1080p Monitor is plugged in in macOS and both Monitors run on 1080p mirrored signal). If I plug my second Monitor in while the other one is already in use nothing happens. If I plug the other Monitor out and the second one in, it work perfect. If I open up my Laptop I can use the Internal + one External but not 2 External ones.
I don't know how to check if the connecotors are set correctly but I used IORegistryExplorer to make a Copy of IOReg

Attachments

• Robin’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    9.7 MB · Views: 71
Im connecting the Monitors directly to the Thinkpad Dock so no adapters. My Primary Display with HDMI (1440p) and my Secondary with DVI (1080p). and if I turn my Laptop on with Both Monitors plugged in Both turn on but mirrored and I can't turn that of in system Preferences (only looks like the 1080p Monitor is plugged in in macOS and both Monitors run on 1080p mirrored signal). If I plug my second Monitor in while the other one is already in use nothing happens. If I plug the other Monitor out and the second one in, it work perfect. If I open up my Laptop I can use the Internal + one External but not 2 External ones.
I don't know how to check if the connecotors are set correctly but I used IORegistryExplorer to make a Copy of IOReg
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

do you have the same issue in windows?

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

do you have the same issue in windows?
Thanks for the Heads Up!
No I had no problem using up to 3 Monitors (including the ones I talked about above) in Windows.

Thanks for the Heads Up!
No I had no problem using up to 3 Monitors (including the ones I talked about above) in Windows.
ahh ok, just making sure it wasn't a hardware issue :)

sometimes adding -cdfon boot argument may help, also adding igfxonln=1 could help as well

ahh ok, just making sure it wasn't a hardware issue :)

sometimes adding -cdfon boot argument may help, also adding igfxonln=1 could help as well
Where do I add the Boot-arguments? I can't find those options in my config.plist

Where do I add the Boot-arguments? I can't find those options in my config.plist
Code:
<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
            <dict>
                <key>SystemAudioVolume</key>
                <data>
                Rg==
                </data>
                <key>boot-args</key>
                <string>keepsyms=1</string>
                <key>run-efi-updater</key>
                <string>No</string>
                <key>csr-active-config</key>