Contribute
Register

[Solved] The installer resources were not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Im not the only one with this issue. I have tried everything mentioned unto post 27 and more before. I'll try these last suggestions and let you all know how it goes. Thanks everyone.

UPDATE: So suggestions from post 27 didn't work for me, I already had it disabled in Bios but I did get it to work.

I deleted all installation files from my main drive but still had a "Prebooter" option in Clover. Turned out there was more on my data drive. (I have all user data on a HDD so I cannot unplug it without issues since the user folder is stored there. I already unplugged all other drives) I forgot that at one point I moved the "Install Mojave app" over there.

Sadly this still left a "Prebooter" option in Clover. which had me a bit stumped. So using terminal to list disk showed the Prebooter APFS volume. I mounted it and though about just deleting all the data but instead I unmounted and deleted the entire volume. Rebooted again and finally!! all "Prebooter" options were gone in clover. I then re-dowloaded the install app for good measure and install when smoothly.

I know there are a lot of posts about hiding the prebooter entries in Clover but if you're not using FileVault it might be a good idea just to delete them. If I understand correctly the installer should have cleaned up after itself and done it anyways.

Last edited:
Anyone able to figure out other methods?
I have a full functioning 10.13.6 unable to upgrade via app store... also made a usb installer via unibeast. I have NVME which the high sierra working... trying to do fresh install on Black WD. I get the following errors attached:

Attachments

• 1433DBC5-214A-44AD-AE4D-4645585DFC74.jpeg
    1433DBC5-214A-44AD-AE4D-4645585DFC74.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 288
  • 3C1E6E79-3F32-4B8C-89E0-D51CCECF26B6.jpeg
    3C1E6E79-3F32-4B8C-89E0-D51CCECF26B6.jpeg
    7.5 MB · Views: 311
  • minstallconfig.png
    minstallconfig.png
    61 KB · Views: 279
I have SAME error but nobody answered! Since Mojave i can't upgrade my system!!!! :(
"The installer resources were not found"

Pulling nvme drive worked for me, couldn't find how to disable in bios.

Pulling nvme drive worked for me, couldn't find how to disable in bios.
What a bad solution... Always remove hard drives from your hack when install any updates? :D

I had to disconnect my other drives . Then it started installing.

Somewhere it’s finding the wrong path from an old install or something . From the log....

“Found automation hint cookie. Will use URL: x-osproduct://XXXUIDXXX....”

That UUID no longer exists , but I don’t know where it’s coming from. Once I removed the other drives it couldn’t find that automation cookie, so instead looked in the correct location (or could continue properly at least... possibly setting a new value)

Should have listened to the advice here and disconnected drives 3 days ago, but I believe I’ve found out why it’s happening at least

Thank you guys! Unplugging all drives solved stall at "Less than a minute remaining..." in the end of installation process with subsequent "Installer resources weren't found" error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back