i9 10900k
Graphics
5700xt
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all. I have fully functional system x99 running 10.13.6, but I have one problem. When I reboot to the installer, the installer screen says "the installer resources were not found". I tried to update to Mojave directly from High Sierra, and Clean Install with USB in a new HDD, but same problem in bot ways. I've readen some post about people with this problem, but I can't fit it. I've tried to install/update it in my NVME, external SSD, and internal HDD. Nothing worked.

I can upload here my EFI Folder based on KGP's 24-09-18 efi folder with TSCAdjunstReset.kext. (I've tried too with HFSPlus.efi instead of VboxHFS, but didnt work).

Any idea? I'm sure that is "easy" to fix that problem, but I dont know how.

I've Asus X99A2 and i7 6900k. Updated BIOS version with unlocked MSR and BIOS well configurated. I didn't touch nothing in BIOS in 2 months. Any idea?

I tried too to disable all drives except HDD (formated in APFS) and NVME M2 (formated in HFS+).

Attachments

• Foto 25-9-18 15 40 15.jpg
    Foto 25-9-18 15 40 15.jpg
    11.3 MB · Views: 1,061
  • EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:
It
This seems to be a huge problem with this ridiculous mojave installer, there simply must be a better way then unplugging the drives internally!

It’s fussy, last night I did the install on a USB external SSD drive it went fine till the last reboot. It ended at random seed error. I connected via Sata and it loaded the final portion. The external drive install used to work to avoid apfs mode but they cut off that workaround.

One data point: I use an NVMe boot drive-- I had the same error 3x in a row. Then I disconnected the two internal SSD (SATA) drives and the next install attempt worked first time. The NVMe was converted from HFS+ to apfs. Worth a try if you have this issue.

This seems to be a huge problem with this ridiculous mojave installer, there simply must be a better way then unplugging the drives internally!

Hey, I was able to get mine to work, not sure what solved it, but I literally just erased all the "Data" HDDs I have other than my main one and erased my second SSD (Not main) Used CCC to clone my SSD (High Sierra) to the second SSD and booted into that and did a direct update from the AppStore after downloading it again and boom, 35 min later I was in, after the 3rd reboot.

Hope you this can help, I figured there was something wrong with some files from my other drives possibly interrupting the installer.

Why is this marked as solved?

Ripping apart your build and pulling out all your hard drives, erasing all your data, or juggling installs with CCC doesn't seem like a solution...

This should be solved with a Clover/Kext patch or config somehow.

Same issue here. Tried an upgrade over 10.3.6, then a fresh install on new SSD, then booting from a USB installation media, but nothing worked. I always got the message about "The installer resources were not found"

Resolved by unplugging all four internal drives, leaving only the single SSD connected, before attempting to install. Then the install worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back