Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The ever frustrating black screen issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Graphics
MSI GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello all!

My build is:

Z170x-ud5 th
I7 6700k
Ddr4 ram 16GB
Evga 980 ti
Dual boot Windows 10 and El Capitan
System id iMac 17,1

I have OS X booting and working until I try to use the proper nvidia setting. When the nvidia boot flag is selected, it will boot then go to a black screen. I also cannot switch to the nvidia drivers. It always stays on OS X default drivers. I have read every forum post and tried every fix that I can find including the custom app made (agdp I think is the name).

I will admit that after building dozens of chimera Yosemite and maverick machines, this is my first time using clover, and I am going a bit nuts trying to figure out the issue with getting video to work properly...

Is there anything I can supply you all that will help identify what the issue is?

Thank you so much for your time. Any help would be very appreciated.

hello all!

My build is:

Z170x-ud5 th
I7 6700k
Ddr4 ram 16GB
Evga 980 ti
Dual boot Windows 10 and El Capitan
System id iMac 17,1

I have OS X booting and working until I try to use the proper nvidia setting. When the nvidia boot flag is selected, it will boot then go to a black screen. I also cannot switch to the nvidia drivers. It always stays on OS X default drivers. I have read every forum post and tried every fix that I can find including the custom app made (agdp I think is the name).

I will admit that after building dozens of chimera Yosemite and maverick machines, this is my first time using clover, and I am going a bit nuts trying to figure out the issue with getting video to work properly...

Is there anything I can supply you all that will help identify what the issue is?

Thank you so much for your time. Any help would be very appreciated.

This thread contains lots of information about the Nvidia drivers and problems similar to the one you describe: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Hey all, here's an update, turns out I followed the instructions incorrectly when trying to fix the issue. Once I started with a fresh install everything worked perfect. It's up and running perfectly.

Would that be a complete fresh install?, or a re-fresh migration install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back