Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll most likely be 10.7.5 as they give you the redemption code for the Mac App Store.
Yeah, it's kinda funny that it takes an automated method 1-3 working days to respond :lol:

Martin

Yeah, it's kinda funny that it takes an automated method 1-3 working days to respond :lol:

Martin

Not sure on why that is. A bit strange if you ask me it could be because it needs to be processed.

I have invited @salcazar to come and join in the fun here. He appears to be the one who broke the Z9PE-D8 WS when it too suffered the AppleKCS::waitForIBF timed out! problem. Hopefully he will accept the challenge and offer some insight.

I have invited @salcazar to come and join in the fun here. He appears to be the one who broke the Z9PE-D8 WS when it too suffered the AppleKCS::waitForIBF timed out! problem. Hopefully he will accept the challenge and offer some insight.

It's strange that there's nothing on the internet or forums about this problem. I've never seen it or heard of it before.

Which system definition are you using?

I have a sneaky feeling it's something to do with Ethernet.

Which system definition are you using?

I have been trying Mac Pro 3,1 and 5,1 ... No luck with either. Can't set it to 6,1 until i get past Mountain Lion as far as i know, but it might even be as high Yosemite

I have been trying Mac Pro 3,1 and 5,1 ... No luck with either. Can't set it to 6,1 until i get past Mountain Lion as far as i know, but it might even be as high Yosemite

IPMICommand Seems to be some to do with Intelligent Platform Management Interface. Do you have a setting in the bios to disable it?

It's strange that there's nothing on the internet or forums about this problem. I've never seen it or heard of it before.

The only place where I seem to be able to find relevance is here on TonyMac - You can find something like 5 mentions of it on an Old Z9PE-D8 WS thread which is where Salcazar came up with two custom kext files AppleACPI and IOPCIFamily, however I don't know if he was the creator of those kexts.

Martin

IPMICommand Seems to be some to do with Intelligent Platform Management Interface. Do you have a setting in the bios to disable it?
As far as i can ascertain that is crucial for normal functionality of any BIOS/Motherboard - But i am open to correction

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back