Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna try that with linux mint
Where can i get that HFS+ driver?
be very careful with using software to access mac partition on windows

they have been known to corrupt mac partitions

be very careful with using software to access mac partition on windows

they have been known to corrupt mac partitions

If you mean MacDrive, I've used that for years without any trouble.

I'll try the Windows + MacDrive method. Failing that I'll wipe the Sierra drive and start all over again. I'm practically used to it , anyway. :lol::(:crazy: At least I had my documents and music saved on a separate drive.

Oh, alright I've never had any problems with it so I thought it was safe - thanks for letting me know

Well, I tried a Win7+MacDrive installed on a disk in my old Mac (DAIKAIJU). When I connected the drive on the hackintosh, it would not see it....

So, I went Kylo Ren on the build in the SSD ... "and I destroyed it"

I started from square -0: I made a Unibeast Clover USB thumb drive anew, then reinstalled Sierra, ran Multibeast,
and installed Voodoo and Nvidia drivers (but didn't update clover boot loader). All that I need is edit the config file to make the hackintosh boot quicker.

Say.... wasn't this about a wi-fi card not working? :oops:

Is the Wi-Fi card working? If not, then you may have to reinstall the neilhart config again, however there are things to do so that you won't have to reinstall again.

• If your Clover USB works to boot into the macOS partition, good. You will need it.
  • You'll have to re-download the neilhart config and overwrite the existing config on your SDD - AFTER you back up the config that's already there.
    • If the neilhart config results in a kernel panic, take screenshots of it and attach them here, then use the Clover USB to get back into macOS and then that way, you can restore the backup of the config file and overwrite the neilhart.

There should be a way to get around the kernel panic if we know what's causing it, so if it happens again, use the Clover USB to get into macOS, then delete the neilhart and put the other config back on. Afterward, you should be able to boot from the SDD. Take the screenshots from the kernel panic and upload them here so we can take a look at them

Honestly, after this experience I'd rather wait for a more stable solution, like a kext or a driver.

Which takes me to my opening post: the Wi-Fi card does work when I'm booted on the Recovery partition. There has to be a way to extract whatever kernel extension/driver is contained within said partition and make it available, as long as such action is legal. If not legal, I'll wait till a more skilled user comes up with a solution.

Thanks for your help, though.
PS: Here is the screenshot of the kernel panic that you requested.

Stop the Presses! I found a solution on ******. Ironically, it also involved editing the config file.

The ****** OP is a_tortoise_IRL and the credit ultimately goes to the-darkvoid for BrcmPatchRam.

Quoting from ******:
The only fix needed as of 10.12.5 is as follows:

• Open your config.plist file
  • Locate the <key>KextsToPatch</key> section
  • Copy the following lines below between <array> and </array>

Code:
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>TPLINK T6E PATCH</string>
        <key>Disabled</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>
         gflSqgAAdSk=
         </data>
         <key>Name</key>
         <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
         <key>Replace</key>
         <data>
         gflSqgAAZpA=
         </data>
     </dict>
Reboot, click the wifi icon to bring it up, connect. That's it. No changes to Clover's wifi settings otherwise, no messing about with extra kexts, nada.

Now I finally have glorious Wi-Fi!!! Please forward this. Put it on sticky. Whatever it takes to get the most eyes on it.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

The Potato Gamer

evilgamer1337 pointed me to a config file from this post.

However it didn't work. Let me explain:

I didn't use the whole config file, meaning, I only copied this portion:

Code:
<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 2</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QQ+3zTnBdQw=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                QQ+3zTnBZpA=
                </data>
            </dict>

Rebooted, and, no change. Wi-Fi still doesn't work. Did I do something wrong? Am I missing a kext or driver?
:banghead:

Thank you!!!!! It worked for me, after changing in BIOS a parameter for PCI devices (moving PCIx16 from x4 to x1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back