Motherboard
GA-Z170X-GAMING 5
CPU
Core i5-6500
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed the TP-Link Archer T6E wi-fi card, however, I can't make it work, even after trying a fix I found in this forum. I can still connect thru Ethernet though, but I don't want to stay tied to wired connection all the time.

However, when I boot in the recovery partition and browse the net with the built-in Safari browser the T6E connects flawlessly to the wireless router.

Update: SOLVED!!!!

I found a solution on ******. The thread author is a_tortoise_IRL and the credit ultimately goes to the-darkvoid for BrcmPatchRam.

Quoting from ******:
The only fix needed as of 10.12.5 is as follows:

• Open your config.plist file
  • Locate the <key>KextsToPatch</key> section
  • Copy the following lines below between <array> and </array>

Code:
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>TPLINK T6E PATCH</string>
        <key>Disabled</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>
         gflSqgAAdSk=
         </data>
         <key>Name</key>
         <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
         <key>Replace</key>
         <data>
         gflSqgAAZpA=
         </data>
     </dict>
Reboot, click the wifi icon to bring it up, connect. That's it. No changes to Clover's wifi settings otherwise, no messing about with extra kexts, nada.

Thank You.

PotatoGamer

Last edited:
evilgamer1337 pointed me to a config file from this post.

However it didn't work. Let me explain:

I didn't use the whole config file, meaning, I only copied this portion:

Code:
<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 2</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QQ+3zTnBdQw=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                QQ+3zTnBZpA=
                </data>
            </dict>

Rebooted, and, no change. Wi-Fi still doesn't work. Did I do something wrong? Am I missing a kext or driver?
:banghead:

Last edited:
evilgamer1337 pointed me to a config file from this post.

However it didn't work. Let me explain:

I didn't use the whole config file, meaning, I only copied this portion:

Code:
<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 2</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QQ+3zTnBdQw=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                QQ+3zTnBZpA=
                </data>
            </dict>

Rebooted, and, no change. Wi-Fi still doesn't work. Did I do something wrong? Am I missing a kext or driver?
:banghead:

Try using the whole config - Why did you only copy that portion, is there something that you need in your existing config that you didn't want to lose by overwriting?

a-yup.

Let me try anyway. BRB.

If you have any issues with the neilhart config, let me know. Make sure you use the whole thing and if you get a kernel panic, try again with -v and let me know. Also try -x as well if it happens.

I did get a Kernel Panic. Having no way to boot into the Finder in order to restore the old config file I spent the past few hours trying to install Sierra on 2 separate USB drives and 1 SATA HDD with the results shown in the attached pictures. The USB installer can't even see the SSD so I can't even start from the beginning (yet again) and re-install macOS.

And to think I had a mostly functional computer earlier today :(:banghead: :skull emoji:

Attachments

• IMG_6213.JPG
    IMG_6213.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_6216.JPG
    IMG_6216.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_6218.JPG
    IMG_6218.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_6212.JPG
    IMG_6212.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 391
I did get a Kernel Panic. Having no way to boot into the Finder in order to restore the old config file I spent the past few hours trying to install Sierra on 2 separate USB drives and 1 SATA HDD with the results shown in the attached pictures. The USB installer can't even see the SSD so I can't even start from the beginning (yet again) and re-install macOS.

And to think I had a mostly functional computer earlier today :(:banghead: :skull emoji:

If you have Windows installed on a different partition, or a Linux distro on a thumb drive, you could use it to change the config.
Had you done anything to the previous config before you put the neilhart file on? Because anything in the previous config would have been overwritten once you put neilhart's config on - also, did you ever try the -x flag? I know it's frustrating, but the key to creating a good-working hackintosh build is patience :)

I booted the computer from a Linux USB thumbdrive. I can see the macOS drive, but I can't open any of the folders in the Home Folder: they need Permissions changed. Before dropping the neilhart config in the EFI clover folder I copied my config.plist to the desktop. The neilhart config is in the EFI/CLOVER folder, but the EFI partition is not showing. I need to know how can I fix the permissions so I can access the folders in my Home folder.

This is deep level Terminal UNIX command territory, But I'm ready to tackle that before I give up and wipe my SSD to start all over again.

Thanks.

PS: attached is the info for the macOS drive as seen thru the Linux Terminal

Attachments

• SSD description.txt
    411 bytes · Views: 376
Last edited:
I've had this issue before - I was able to fix it by booting from Windows, installing an HFS+ driver so I could navigate the macOS partition from Windows Explorer, and then I fixed the problem that way

Anyways, I just remembered, if you still have your Clover drive, you can use that to boot into the macOS partition - it will use the config that's on the thumb drive instead of the one you installed to the EFI partition of your SSD. Try using the USB drive that you installed Clover to when you installed macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back