Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] System working fine, but restarts on Shutdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shutdown issues can be caused by USB. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Hey Voilet! How are you?
So, I was having my machine running and already had solved the problem with shutdown/ restarting with clover fixshutdown and halt enabler...
But when I installed the latest wacom drive, everything became a mess...it seems that somehow the above fixes doesn't work anymore at all. And I've already tried to uncheck and check again... and change bios settings. Also I've uninstalled the wacom driver but too late... I'm stuck with the problem...
I'm curious with what you said about shutdown issues caused by usb.
Can you help me?

Last edited:
Hey Voilet! How are you?
So, I was having my machine running and already had solved the problem with shutdown/ restarting with clover fixshutdown and halt enabler...
But when I installed the latest wacom drive, everything became a mess...it seems that somehow the above fixes doesn't work anymore at all. And I've already tried to uncheck and check again... and change bios settings. Also I've uninstalled the wacom driver but too late... I'm stuck with the problem...
I'm curious with what you said about shutdown issues caused by usb.
Can you help me?

No Problem Reporting files attached. Attach Clover folder removing themes along with ioreg ZIP attach. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

I just had the same problem with Wacom install on a new system, made everything go nuts, couldn't even get into BIOS.
Hi elfcake! Unfortunately I had to do a clean install again.... now everything is working although the wacom has this known freeze start with sierra but after the startup screen it works normally...

Yes, mine is working too, had to clear BIOS and wait for BIOS to get back from a three martini lunch. BIOS staggered back in, had a gallon of coffee and now is working ok. Next step is getting the new system running, Z170X-UP5, i5 6600k. Been working on that for two weeks with no luck. Ugh!
Nice! A gallon of coffee....LOL...I went through this...
Now why did you choose this board? It's not listed here in tonymacx.... :/ Good luck, mate!

On the Mac Pro section, it is listed as the number three choice. The link below still lists it as number three. Do you have a suggestion for a better board, I am serious, if there is an easier board that has DP and HDMI, let me know

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/may/2017#CustoMac_Pro
https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/may/2017#Motherboards
I'm running a GA z170x gaming 5 and it has both... the install was quickly and painless in the verbose mode and nvidia disabled although I had to multibeast sound and lan after the installation of sierra and in my case install nvidia webdrive and check it on in clover... also I followed the guide to fix imessage...and Did fixes for the usb ports etc by rehabman instructions and this fixed my restart problem but then after the wacom i had to enable halt and to check fix shutdown!

What is the diff between UD5 and gaming? Never understood what makes something gaming, since I don't do games (photography only) I stayed away from gaming boards.
Sorry but I really don't know... :/
But just for the sake of the matter....
I'm a designer but I currently work as VFX comper and 3D in general ...so...this board that I'm using is doing fine with nuke, photoshop, after, maya, etc...

I'm running a GA z170x gaming 5 and it has both... the install was quickly and painless in the verbose mode and nvidia disabled although I had to multibeast sound and lan after the installation of sierra and in my case install nvidia webdrive and check it on in clover... also I followed the guide to fix imessage...and Did fixes for the usb ports etc by rehabman instructions and this fixed my restart problem but then after the wacom i had to enable halt and to check fix shutdown!
where is Rehabman instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back