Contribute
Register

[solved] system was automatically rebooted after panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will reinstall clover again
i tried to use "sudo nvram -c" to clean the nvram but it will re-appear when reboot

Also, check that you don't have some stray nvram.plist in the root directory of your system volume.

You need to remove EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi from EFI Partition thats if you have Clover installed to the ESP. You also back up you're Config.plist, SSDTs and delete everything in the EFI then reinstall Clover but make sure that you have EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi un-ticked in the Clover installer. Or a clean install will most likely be better.
thanks a lot !
problem is solved!

Also, check that you don't have some stray nvram.plist in the root directory of your system volume.
thanks a lot !
problem is solved!

Hi loppol,

I have the same issue, how did you manage to solve the problem "system was automatically rebooted after panic"?

What did you do ?

thanks a lot !
problem is solved!

hi, What did you do to solve the issue "system was automatically rebooted after panic" ?

1. delete nvram.plist,
2. remove EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi
3. reinstall clover

I have been going at this for a number of days without any success.

hi, What did you do to solve the issue "system was automatically rebooted after panic" ?

1. delete nvram.plist,
2. remove EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi
3. reinstall clover

I have been going at this for a number of days without any success.

hi I just follow the steps @ post 10 .
backup the original emuvariableuefi.efi ;remove the clover folder on efi part and reinstall it plus paste the original emuvariableuefi.efi

hi I just follow the steps @ post 10 .
backup the original emuvariableuefi.efi ;remove the clover folder on efi part and reinstall it plus paste the original emuvariableuefi.efi

Hi, thank you, just to clarify:

1. after clover install, you copied EmuVariableUefi-64.efi back to drivers64UEFI folder
2. copied your config.plist + any *.aml you have + your kext
3. Before you shutdown / restart did you execute nvram -c and clear the panic log ?
4. Then you shutdown / restart ? OR did you shutdown / restart without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ?

Regards
Mike

Hi, thank you, just to clarify:

1. after clover install, you copied EmuVariableUefi-64.efi back to drivers64UEFI folder
2. copied your config.plist + any *.aml you have + your kext
3. Before you shutdown / restart did you execute nvram -c and clear the panic log ?
4. Then you shutdown / restart ? OR did you shutdown / restart without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ?

Regards
Mike
step 3, I exec nvram -c and delete the nvram.plist on root path
Step 4, I restart, I don't know there's a option to restart w/o EmuVariableUefi-64.efi since I already pasted back to the folder on step 1

Hope it can help

~Xinyu

step 3, I exec nvram -c and delete the nvram.plist on root path
Step 4, I restart, I don't know there's a option to restart w/o EmuVariableUefi-64.efi since I already pasted back to the folder on step 1

Hope it can help

~Xinyu

thank you for reply and help. Appreciate the effort. I can't find nvram.plist at all. Tried "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" to look for hidden files as well.

Solved:

After spending hours :banghead: and rebuilding my mac on a separate sdd drive, I rebooted back to my original mac (by switching sdd), and whala no more panic message. To be honest, this is first time that my mac is doing something that i can't explain. Unless of course you issue commands to SIRI :lol:.

Perhaps Rehabman can explain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back