i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

The High Sierra installer did its initial portion and attempted to restart the computer.

First, I get a Clover screen with blank disks labeled with “internal hfs”. I have the apfs.efi file in the proper folder.

Second, more importantly, the system restarts at the point captured.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jon

B4DF967D-1DF0-4198-BF2F-9C1155290772.png

OK, I've tried a few things:

1. Disabled the IGPU - no joy.
2. Fooled with the SIP settings (initially at 0x67) - no joy.
3. Disabled the NVidia card - no joy.

I must have a bad kext, but not sure which one. I've attached my CLOVER folder for those who would like to take a look.

THANKS!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 126
Hmmm...

While I'm not sure what the issue is, I removed the FakeSMC.kext, ACPISensors.kext, CPU/GPU/LPCSensors.kext(s) and put in Rehabman's most current versions along with HWMonitor.app. I did that in both Clover/kexts/Other and also L/E. Had to do that via Terminal through Recovery.

That still resulted in a restart.

I then thought I'd try one more SIP setting - 0x0. I now get the logon screen, though I have no mouse... lol...

So, SIP is an issue and I'll try a few other configurations to see what happens...

OK, I've tried a few things:

1. Disabled the IGPU - no joy.
2. Fooled with the SIP settings (initially at 0x67) - no joy.
3. Disabled the NVidia card - no joy.

I must have a bad kext, but not sure which one. I've attached my CLOVER folder for those who would like to take a look.

THANKS!

I read your first post above this one and reviewed the CLOVER contents of uploaded file to the current post.

My Comments about CLOVER:

• CLOVER /kexts:
    • There are all the EMPTY numbered Folders and "Other" folder.
    • "Other" folder contains a lot of kexts . Are all of them needed?
    • Numbered Folders have no useful purpose in this setup, but no harm[See image]
  • drivers64UEFI looks OK
  • ACPI >Patched contain 3 SSDTs : Don't know enough about them to comment, you would have researched and considered them essential[see image]
  • config.plist _Devices and _Graphics >Intel HD Graphics but System Parameters loading NvidiaWeb Graphics kexts. Won't this cause a conflict?
My Suggestions about "Reboot after High Sierra System Installation"

• From my personal experience, I've found automatic reboot and auto √ of boot device during the first reboot(s)seemed to cause boot issues related to use of 'wrong' CLOVER options.
  • Selecting the "High Sierra Installer USB" with Boot Menu Hotkey (Ex F-12 in Gigabyte MoBo] to re-enter CBM and then selecting the "partially installed and Clover EFI lacking" System Disk avoided boot failure.
  • I did this until the Recovery Partition was created and shown on the CBM screen
  • After that reboot, when only the System Disk and Recovery HD was on CBM, System Disk Booted without any issue and installation would complete without a hitch.
Want to try that?

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER_kexts.png
    1.CLOVER_kexts.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.ACPI_Patched.png
    2.ACPI_Patched.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 3.configplist-Devices_ Intel FakeID and Properties.png
    3.configplist-Devices_ Intel FakeID and Properties.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 4.configplist_Gui_√Legacy.png
    4.configplist_Gui_√Legacy.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 6.configplist_Kernel and Kext Patches )K.png
    6.configplist_Kernel and Kext Patches )K.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 5.configplist_Graphics_Intel Inj and igPlatformID.png
    5.configplist_Graphics_Intel Inj and igPlatformID.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 7.configplist_Rt. Variables_OK.png
    7.configplist_Rt. Variables_OK.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 8.config.plistSMBIOS_iMac18,3.png
    8.config.plistSMBIOS_iMac18,3.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 9.configplist_SystemParameters_Loading Nvidia _.png
    9.configplist_SystemParameters_Loading Nvidia _.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 115
5D543BA2-24D5-4DBF-82F7-30349A193029.jpeg At the moment, that is as far as I can get.

I can boot into recovery. Everything else results in restart or login screen I cannot manipulate (no mouse). I can boot into Safe Boot. I was able to boot to a login screen once with SIP at 0x0, but cannot do so now. Still could not manipulate that screen though.

Kexts: there a few I know. Most are needed. Some I am not sure of.

SSDTs: not sure I need them all, but, one is a USB port patch, another is custom power management. Can’t recall, right now, why I needed the PEG.

Gfx: I have not had conflicts running that way given that MacOS uses the card plugged in to the monitor. Also, disabling onboard Gfx did not change anything. It is possible there might be an issue with this regardless of those things.

Scan->Legacy: no idea what effect that has. I do have a Windows Parallels VM, but that should not matter?

My Suggestions about "Reboot after High Sierra System Installation"

• From my personal experience, I've found automatic reboot and auto √ of boot device during the first reboot(s)seemed to cause boot issues related to use of 'wrong' CLOVER options.
  • Selecting the "High Sierra Installer USB" with Boot Menu Hotkey (Ex F-12 in Gigabyte MoBo] to re-enter CBM and then selecting the "partially installed and Clover EFI lacking" System Disk avoided boot failure.
  • I did this until the Recovery Partition was created and shown on the CBM screen
  • After that reboot, when only the System Disk and Recovery HD was on CBM, System Disk Booted without any issue and installation would complete without a hitch.
Want to try that?

I don't have an HS Installer USB - this is a direct download/upgrade...

Well, I may have found the issue - a bad kext. I kext I had thought I'd gotten rid of was in the L/E folder. Zapped that and got in to the OS. Attempted to update the NVidia drivers, restarted, and back to restart loop...

On to the next issue... oi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back