Contribute
Register

[Solved] System reboots before I can't setup. (Sierra, Z170X Gaming 3, GeForce GTX 1060)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the problem is the interface between the keyboard and the chair.
Funny, and true. But I do not think I failed at replacing a config.plist. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Funny, and true. But I do not think I failed at replacing a config.plist. Any other ideas?

I replaced the config.plist. On restart the Clover configurator is saying "I do not see a config.plist" even though I can see its there when i mount the EFI partition. Driver manager is still returning to the default OSX drivers. Still a glitchy screen.

Clover Configurator is an app to generate and edit config.plist files, it plays no part in the boot process.
If Clover is saying that there is no config.plist then it would appear that you did indeed fail.

ok bear with me, and thanks again. This is my method: I open clover config. under Tools click MOUNT EFI. under EFI Partitions there are two options. One is on my USB stick. One is on Sierra. I choose Sierra. Mount Partition on this drive, doble click EFI Partition icon, open EFI folder, Open CLover and replace config.plist. When finder asks "do you wnat to replace?" i click yes and then Quit, and restart.

edit - added: under Tools click MOUNT EFI.

"Sierra" is my HFS drive.

ok bear with me, and thanks again. This is my method: I open clover config. under Tools click MOUNT EFI. under EFI Partitions there are two options. One is on my USB stick. One is on Sierra. I choose Sierra. Mount Partition on this drive, doble click EFI Partition icon, open EFI folder, Open CLover and replace config.plist. When finder asks "do you wnat to replace?" i click yes and then Quit, and restart.

edit - added: under Tools click MOUNT EFI.

Mount the EFI partition of your Sierra drive.
In Finder go to /EFI/CLOVER/ and delete config.plist.
Copy the config.plist that I uploaded for you in Post #26 to /EFI/CLOVER/
Restart (from the hard drive not the USB)

Thank you for your time. I did as instructed. deleted the config.plist. copy pasted from earlier. Same issues.

What would be a good way to test that the config.plist has "taken"? My method has been to go into system preferences open NVIDIA drivers, choose NVIDIA Web Driver, restart (using internal drive) see if it stays. It's always back on default OS X Default Graphics Driver at restart. Been trying to also to click the lock closed before restart, doesn't seem to make a difference.

What would be a good way to test that the config.plist has "taken"?
Toggle verbose mode on/off in config.plist.
If you turn on verbose mode and then it boots in verbose mode then turn off verbose mode and confirm that it boots in normal mode.
If when doing this the boot mode does not change then you are not booting with the config.plist that you are editing.

BTW Check that you have not installed in Legacy mode and UEFI mode.
When you install in UEFI mode the /EFI folder is on the UEFI partition of the system drive.
When you install in Legacy mode the /EFI folder is on the root of the system drive.

Thank you for your time. I did as instructed. deleted the config.plist. copy pasted from earlier. Same issues.

What would be a good way to test that the config.plist has "taken"? My method has been to go into system preferences open NVIDIA drivers, choose NVIDIA Web Driver, restart (using internal drive) see if it stays. It's always back on default OS X Default Graphics Driver at restart. Been trying to also to click the lock closed before restart, doesn't seem to make a difference.

DevonCoyler, How are you going with the GC?

SUCCESS!!! Thank you P1LGRIM! I owe you a beer! or a case of beers! It works! I used EFI Mounter v3, added the config.plist to the first EFI Partition that came up and everything changed. It works beautifully! Now I have two monitors rocking, one from the HDMI and one from the DVI out, both from the EVGA 1060. My theory is I was adding the config.plist to the wrong EFI partition. The fan is not spinning on the GPU - does it only turn on when it gets to a certain temp? Thank you again P1LGRIM. Seivadf, if your card is not working, use the config.plist that is uploaded in reply 26 of this thread.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.16.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.16.43 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back