Contribute
Register

[Solved] System reboots before I can't setup. (Sierra, Z170X Gaming 3, GeForce GTX 1060)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hi,

I have followed the Sierra Desktop Guide, and hence created the USB, and installed macOS on my SSD. After the install the system restarted. However, I can't boot into the SSD to setup.

My system config is as follows:
  • Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7 6700K
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming G1 6GB
  • Western Digital Blue PC SSD 250GB
  • 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
I have attached the two images I could get, but I couldn't stop the system from restarting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.PNG
    IMG_0538.PNG
    5.8 MB · Views: 214
Thanks for the reply. But I can't boot into the OS to use this?
You can install it to your USB flash drive or you can reinstall Sierra and then install Clover r4061 before you restart.

You can install it to your USB flash drive or you can reinstall Sierra and then install Clover r4061 before you restart.
Are there any instructions/guide on install this?

Not that I know of, try the forum Search tool.

I was able to update the USB following these steps:

Clover installs itself into the EFI partition on a GPT formatted drive. By default EFI is hidden, so it first has to be mounted to be visible.

With the UniBeast stick attached to your Mac or Hackintosh, open Terminal and type in diskutil list then press the Enter key. You'll see a list of all drives and their partitions, one of which is the UniBeast stick's EFI. Make note of the Identifier for EFI--it has a format like diskXsY.

Next in Terminal type diskutil mount diskXsY (using correct Identifier). The stick's EFI will now be mounted and visible in Finder. You can browse the EFI partition at will.

However, I am still unable to boot into the installed macOS.

I was able to update the USB following these steps:

However, I am still unable to boot into the installed macOS.
You don't need to mount anything, just run the Clover installer and select your USB flash drive as the destination.

You don't need to mount anything, just run the Clover installer and select your USB flash drive as the destination.
Thanks, Yes I have done this... but my issue still remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back