CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying a fresh install of High Sierra and after re formatting my SSD, the system reboots as it should, displays the apple logo and does not proceed. Any help is appreciated. I have gone from mavericks to sierra with samnem hardware. Using unibeast 8.0 and USB install method.

Thanks,

Jules

I am trying a fresh install of High Sierra and after re formatting my SSD, the system reboots as it should, displays the apple logo and does not proceed. Any help is appreciated. I have gone from mavericks to sierra with samnem hardware. Using unibeast 8.0 and USB install method.

Thanks,

Jules
Turn on verbose mode. What do you see? Where is it hanging?

Thanks Justcurious. It is weird. I first tried direct up grade from Sierra and had same result. My system has five other SATA drives two 4TB as a storage RAID, two 256G as a scratch disc RAID (gives me 1G read write) and a 3TB as my Time Machine. I thought they might be causing something so I disconnected all but the main boot drive and started from scratch to the same endpoint.

Jules

Here is what I get in verbose mode:
Try: config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders_20000000=true

FixHeaders.png

I think I have it! I needed to boot from the USB install then when the Clover Boot screen came up, tell it to boot from the internal "Install High Sierra Mac HD" (which is my SSD) then the install continued. At the next reboot had to do the same and now is completing install and setting up form my time machine BU. All good!!!! {edit} Here is the weird thing When I boot from the the USB drive I get a higher clover bootloader version number than if I booted directly off of the SSD. I wonder if even after formatting it the EFI partition from my Sierra build was still present with a version of clover.

Jules

Last edited:
I do not have this solved. I just did a fresh install and then when booting from the USB drive telling it to boot from the SSD it just stops at Apple Logo and does nothing. I'll go to verbose mode and see what I find...

Last edited:
I got it. Had to restore frm BU then update to High Sierra and boot from USB then tel clover to boot form SSD. Weird
Same issue, same errors on my GA-Z87X-UD5H I cant do fresh install it just reboots.

OK, I thought I had it.... I just did not. After running Multibeast 10.1 and double checking everything on a fresh install (then restoring from TIme Machine, it does the same thing. It boots to clover from the SSD then boots into High SIerra then stops at apple logo and doesnt read drive anymore. If I boot form USB then tell it to boot from the SSD same response. I get the clover version expected from each but no boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back