Contribute
Register

[Solved] Surface Pro 4 BLACK SCREEN (BACKLIGHT ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. I have no HiDPI laptops.
It should not be unexpected that things change between versions.

DVMT-prealloc is a BIOS setting...

I am getting Kernel Panics !!! I think it won't let me set those patches from clover?? What to be done?

Fake igpid kext cache build orig igpid???
Doesnt work!!
I used 128mb dvmt pact still kp
Used 128mb dvmt 48mb fb not applied !!!
Tried all edid injection no avail

Attachments

• 1514947898393.jpg
    1514947898393.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Okay still black display, what I found different is APPLE Graphics Device Control Plugin ??
Is SMBIOS ?? Should I patch it??

Regards

Attachments

• debug_21158.zip
    2 MB · Views: 72
Please note that backlight is on but the screen is black. I already tried injecting edid with a5,B5,95. Since 95 doesn’t work for my already working 10.12.6 config.
Is there any way I may diagnose that why nothing is being drawn on screen?

I am getting Kernel Panics !!! I think it won't let me set those patches from clover?? What to be done?

Fake igpid kext cache build orig igpid???
Doesnt work!!
I used 128mb dvmt pact still kp
Used 128mb dvmt 48mb fb not applied !!!
Tried all edid injection no avail

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Okay still black display, what I found different is APPLE Graphics Device Control Plugin ??
Is SMBIOS ?? Should I patch it??

Regards

Your SMBIOS choice is poor/wrong, but is not likely the cause of your KP.
MacBookPro14,3 is for dual-GPU with Apple proprietary GMUX, which your laptop does not have.
See everymac.com for better choices.

I had it generated using gen_debug ?? What’s missing?

My reply was to your post that contained only a verbose boot photo.
Your next reply shows a gen_debug.sh set that contains ioreg that shows you can boot.
And IGPU in ioreg there shows graphics working.
What is the issue?

Note: Your EFI/Clover in that attach shows you're using the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch. Previously I suggested you set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb (or 128mb) such that you don't need that patch. Read FAQ/use google to find methods of setting it. You could also use the minStolenSize patch, but it may lead to instability... use at your own risk.

Note2: Google may find some Surface specific guides that may be useful. IMHO, the Surface series makes a poor hack as WiFi is not replaceable, and not supported.

I do have minStolenSize patch there.
The problem is still the same black display, but backlight is on.
I do have DVMT patch, removing DVMT patch causes panic even while having minStolenSize patch too!!!
Surface guide exists only upto Sierra not High Sierra, I have Sierra working, that's why I made this post in this section!!!

Can you clarify ?
Do I need both DVMT and minStolenSize patches same time while having Lilu and IntelGraphicsFix kext.
and their combinations if any that may solve please do share your knowledge.

Regards!

I do have minStolenSize patch there.
The problem is still the same black display, but backlight is on.
I do have DVMT patch, removing DVMT patch causes panic even while having minStolenSize patch too!!!
Surface guide exists only upto Sierra not High Sierra, I have Sierra working, that's why I made this post in this section!!!

Can you clarify ?
Do I need both DVMT and minStolenSize patches same time while having Lilu and IntelGraphicsFix kext.
and their combinations if any that may solve please do share your knowledge.

Regards!

Like I wrote before, the minStolenSize patch may cause instability.
Keep in mind the requirements to activate any framebuffer patch though:
- boot with invalid ig-platform-id (NOT invalid FakeID!)
- rebuild caches
- reboot

Like I wrote before, the minStolenSize patch may cause instability.
Keep in mind the requirements to activate any framebuffer patch though:
- boot with invalid ig-platform-id (NOT invalid FakeID!)
- rebuild caches
- reboot

I found that available patch wasn't working for 10.13.2, so I researched and found a new one that is working for me and solved my display problem.
I am having sleep/wake issue, my screen goes to black and blank, I will try displays override.
Thanks !!
my GPU statics from Intel Power Gadget stays above 0.5 in 10.13.2 which wasn't the case in 10.2 (stays at 0)? Any idea?

I created a pull request for updation in config_depricated.plist on your GitHub, Kindly merge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back