Contribute
Register

[Solved] Surface Pro 4 BLACK SCREEN (BACKLIGHT ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to fix the other things I mentioned regarding your broken ACPI configuration.
You must have a clean disassemble of patchmatic -extract output: iasl -da -dl *.aml

SSDT-PNLF.aml is not setting the correct _UID because of incorrect settings in SSDT-Config.aml..., you set BKLT (incorrectly) to 0.

So I figured it out and made changes correctly, still black screen !!!.
Please verify config plist also as _DSM rename was disabled :(.
Now I enabled that and I do no get any ACPI error as of patchmatic -extract output: iasl -da -dl *.aml

Also When I try to change ig-p-id from clover it doesn't over-ride !!! I cannot boot with 0x12345678 even black screen:((

Thanks!!!

My SSDT-SaSsdt is conflicting with SSDT-IGPU over _DSM
What should I do ?????

As per Clover hotpatch guide, typically we use _DSM->XDSM patch (in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches) to avoid such _DSM naming conflicts.

So I figured it out and made changes correctly, still black screen !!!.
Please verify config plist also as _DSM rename was disabled :(.
Now I enabled that and I do no get any ACPI error as of patchmatic -extract output: iasl -da -dl *.aml

Also When I try to change ig-p-id from clover it doesn't over-ride !!! I cannot boot with 0x12345678 even black screen:((

Thanks!!!

Any change requires new problem reporting files.
You attached nothing.

Attachments

• debug_27960.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
In hurry I forgot>>here're the files

Brightness control now looks correct.
If you still have black internal display (you didn't describe the problem this time), you should try injecting EDID.
Or try a different ig-platform-id.
Or set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb or 128mb and remove the 32mb DVMT patch (and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext).

Brightness control now looks correct.
If you still have black internal display (you didn't describe the problem this time), you should try injecting EDID.
Or try a different ig-platform-id.
Or set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb or 128mb and remove the 32mb DVMT patch (and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext).

I will try the DVMT Patches, but I might have IntelGraphicsDVMT.kext from your bicbucket?
yes black screen internal problem still persists !!
My platform-id from clover doesn't get applied??? I tried 0x12345678 but it always uses 0x19160000.
Is it because of SSDT patches, but I have not specified in SSDT-config one? Is it automatically overriding?? ?

I will try the DVMT Patches,

My suggestion was to set DVMT-prealloc as required so that patching is not needed.
It is likely that a HiDPI screen requires larger DVMT-prealloc than 32mb.

but I might have IntelGraphicsDVMT.kext from your bicbucket?

Not "might". Your kextcache proves you have IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext installed.

yes black screen internal problem still persists !!
My platform-id from clover doesn't get applied??? I tried 0x12345678 but it always uses 0x19160000.

Currently, your ioreg shows 0x19160002.
It is the result of SSDT-IGPU.aml.
If you would like to set ig-platform-id via Clover, you should not be using SSDT-IGPU.aml... SSDT-IGPU.aml has the last say and overrides anything you might inject with Clover.

Is it because of SSDT patches, but I have not specified in SSDT-config one? Is it automatically overriding?? ?

If you still want to use SSDT-IGPU, you can specify a custom ig-platform-id by setting RMCF.IGPI (in SSDT-Config.aml) to the value you want.
It is easier to specify ig-platform-id with config.plist, and avoid SSDT-IGPU.aml.
I tend to use SSDT-IGPU.aml in my guides because they handle multiple models, each with different graphics cards, and SSDT-IGPU.aml provides a convenient way to set it per model without needing a different setting in config.plist depending on the graphics chip present.

My suggestion was to set DVMT-prealloc as required so that patching is not needed.
It is likely that a HiDPI screen requires larger DVMT-prealloc than 32mb.

Not "might". Your kextcache proves you have IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext installed.

Currently, your ioreg shows 0x19160002.
It is the result of SSDT-IGPU.aml.
If you would like to set ig-platform-id via Clover, you should not be using SSDT-IGPU.aml... SSDT-IGPU.aml has the last say and overrides anything you might inject with Clover.

If you still want to use SSDT-IGPU, you can specify a custom ig-platform-id by setting RMCF.IGPI (in SSDT-Config.aml) to the value you want.
It is easier to specify ig-platform-id with config.plist, and avoid SSDT-IGPU.aml.
I tend to use SSDT-IGPU.aml in my guides because they handle multiple models, each with different graphics cards, and SSDT-IGPU.aml provides a convenient way to set it per model without needing a different setting in config.plist depending on the graphics chip present.

DVMT 32mb works for 10.12.6 but not for 10.13 ??
Also I might be using your config for 128 or 64 DVMT, will that be right??

DVMT 32mb works for 10.12.6 but not for 10.13 ??

No idea. I have no HiDPI laptops.
It should not be unexpected that things change between versions.

Also I might be using your config for 128 or 64 DVMT, will that be right??

DVMT-prealloc is a BIOS setting...

No idea. I have no HiDPI laptops.
It should not be unexpected that things change between versions.

DVMT-prealloc is a BIOS setting...

My bios are locked down, I cannot edit such things !! I have to rely on configs and patches only!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back