i7-12700k
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Not sure what's happened as I haven't updated anything... When I log into my Sierra Hackintosh I get a proper login screen. I log in. My desktop appears and then it fades to black and puts the monitor into standby mode. I have left it for a short while hoping that it would come back, but it does not.

I'm connected via HDMI to a Samsung 4K TV. This combination has been working for a while without any issues.

I know this isn't much to go on, but any ideas what could be happening?

For what it's worth, I connected the HDMI port on my display to a Displayport using an adapter and was able to boot. Once my desktop loaded the game Quake started up. I quit the game and I'm back on my desktop.

I haven't tried booting connected to the HDMI port of my video card yet, but this should have it all fixed up.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Not sure what's happened as I haven't updated anything... When I log into my Sierra Hackintosh I get a proper login screen. I log in. My desktop appears and then it fades to black and puts the monitor into standby mode. I have left it for a short while hoping that it would come back, but it does not.

I'm connected via HDMI to a Samsung 4K TV. This combination has been working for a while without any issues.

What happens if you unplug the HDMI and re-connect it when at the Desktop?

What happens if you unplug the HDMI and re-connect it when at the Desktop?
Unfortunately the screen stayed black.

My opinion is that Quake was starting automatically when I logged in, then crashing. Not sure if it supports a 4K display and I haven't tried it again since resolving the issue.

Unfortunately the screen stayed black.

My opinion is that Quake was starting automatically when I logged in, then crashing. Not sure if it supports a 4K display and I haven't tried it again since resolving the issue.
Just an update... ioQuake runs fine in a window, even if set to a custom resolution of 3840x1200, but if I set it to full screen in any resolution it just goes to a black screen. No sound, no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back