i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Success.
Switch from Clover to OpenCore before upgrade to Big Sur, with a shared Efi found in a forum post.
WiFi doesn't work anymore. I've tried a lot but i think my card is not supported.
OpenCore can't dual boot with windows and doesn't have any countdown :(

bigsur.png

Last edited:
Success.
Switch from Clover to OpenCore before upgrade to Big Sur, with a shared Efi found in a forum post.
WiFi doesn't work anymore. I've tried a lot but i think my card is not supported.
OpenCore can't dual boot with windows and doesn't have any countdown :(

If your WiFi worked in when booting via Clover then it's nothing to do with OpenCore except your configuration.
OpenCore does have a Timeout on boot menu. Read the manual.
OpenCore can dual boot Windows.
OpenCore can boot anything...macOS, Windows, and Linux on the same system. If you cannot then it's a config issue on your system. Read the manual.

If your WiFi worked in when booting via Clover then it's nothing to do with OpenCore except your configuration.
OpenCore does have a Timeout on boot menu. Read the manual.
OpenCore can dual boot Windows.
OpenCore can boot anything...macOS, Windows, and Linux on the same system. If you cannot then it's a config issue on your system. Read the manual.
Hi thanks for reply! :)

My WiFi worked in Catalina and no more in Big Sur. In Catalina, after every update, i hat to use a tool in Hackintool (see image)
Schermata 2020-11-18 alle 23.26.44.png

and after reboot worked again. I tried now the same with no success. I tried also other kext without success.
I will read the OC manual, sorry. I found a lot of people says was not possible countdown and dualboot and i had to use rEFIt or F8...and I thought was so! Sorry! :crazy:

Hi thanks for reply! :)

My WiFi worked in Catalina and no more in Big Sur. In Catalina, after every update, i hat to use a tool in Hackintool (see image)
View attachment 496955
and after reboot worked again. I tried now the same with no success. I tried also other kext without success.
I will read the OC manual, sorry. I found a lot of people says was not possible countdown and dualboot and i had to use rEFIt or F8...and I thought was so! Sorry! :crazy:

Maybe someone will update the kext for your wifi card and then it will work maybe you could just install that kext into your open core kext folder and it will work. I am not sure what you were doing maybe that tool in Hackintool was modifying a file in the S/L/E directory and that is kind of a no go in Big Sur. I have a Fenvi wifi card with BT works awesome has since I bought it. It is Fenvi HB1200M card it was about $30 when others were 60+ it worked so good I bought a second one for my wife's system. Before I had her using a Apple Airport express with a wire to her Ethernet and no BT.

Depending on how many ACPI modifications you have it could affect windows ability to boot, but my laptop has only has to SSDT files and windows boots like a champ. You could also consider using the bios to pick between windows and OC then you do not have to worry about SSDT files from Mac interfering with windows. Pretty sure you can also put some code in the SSDT files that causes them not to load with windows but that is beyond my experience.

I cannot use AR9287 in Big sur, which run perfect in Catalina with Clover and OpenCore.

It only works again when I changed my card’s id in Info.plist in Atheros40 kext. It used with HS80211Family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back