CPU
AMD Ryzen 5900x
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to upgrade from High Sierra 13.6 to Mojave, but after reboot, I select Install from Mac OS, and then (running verbose) the system goes into a reboot loop. Everytime, the last entry is a row of plusses. The last few lines read:

root device uuid is '....'
End InitBootStruct
Start LoadRAMDisk
End LoadRAMDisk
Start FinalizeBootStruct
Start RandomSeed
End RandomSeed
+++++++++++++++++++

Please help.

Last edited:
I'm having the exact same issue.

I was running Yosemite before. I updated Clover and started the install process from the App store. Everything seemed to go smoothly but after rebooting and trying to boot the installer I got the same issue as you described.

I tried to run it with nv_disable=1 option but got the same result. If you manage to find the answer please share it here.

Kernel and kext Patches
make sure KernelPm is checked

I found the solution! It seems that when updating Clover you have to first tick the checkbox for it to install "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi" otherwise it skips that file and that is what was causing this issue.

Please read this thread for details.

Thanks tess, will give it a go and report back. I do have some issues with AptioFix - it took me almost a month to get it working the first time I tried a Hackintosh. Cheers.

Still stuck.

I've tried virtually every combination of AptioFix, with no luck.

Up until now, I have a very stable setup (running High Sierra 13.6) using AptioFixDr.efi (the old one) combined with Test2-2016. Really struggling to understand 1. What the problem is, and 2. How to fix it.

Still stuck.

I've tried virtually every combination of AptioFix, with no luck.

Up until now, I have a very stable setup (running High Sierra 13.6) using AptioFixDr.efi (the old one) combined with Test2-2016. Really struggling to understand 1. What the problem is, and 2. How to fix it.

Hi, what other kexts do you use and what .efi files do you have in your EFI partition? Please list both folders, I think that would be useful. For me Aptio fix solved it, I also had the End RandomSeed +++++ hang before adding that driver.

Hello,

Here are the folders for both drivers64EUFI and kexts.

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 08.27.18.png Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 08.27.25.png

What I've done, is to try and find a working bootable setup using a flash drive, incorporating the new drivers. This setup gets me into High Sierra. But as soon as I try to install Mojave, I get stuck again. So at this moment I'm a bit stumped.

Note that, without the test2-2016 file, I keep getting memory allocation errors.

Thanks for all the input!

Double check and make sure you don't have secure boot enabled in your bios.

Also is your USB installer trusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back