Hey guys,

This is my first hackintosh build and I'm pretty lost. My build is as follows:

MOBO: MSI Z270 A PRO
CPU: 7700k
RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX
GPU: GTX 1070
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barricuda

I know there haven't been many successful kaby lake builds but I thought I'd give it a shot. I followed every step in the installation guide and changed all BIOS settings. I disabled graphics injector and set the fake cpuid to skylake in the config. (0x0506E3) I also made sure boot args was set to nv_disable=1. I kept getting the prohibitory symbol on boot so I booted into verbose mode. I have included a picture of the error. I'll also upload my clover config.plist. Sorry if I sound like an idiot when I explain stuff lol, I'm new to hackintosh troubleshooting. Please help!

Thanks,
Will

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 181
  • config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 133
  • Hackintosh Boot Error.jpg
    Hackintosh Boot Error.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 612
Use OSXAPTIOFIXDRV (so without "2") and see if it helps.
Please update your specs in your profile as per site's rules.

When I use OSXAPTIOFIXDRV I get a new error, I've included photo. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• new error.jpg
    new error.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 334
UPDATE: I'm an idiot and didn't understand that I needed to update clover configurator. I did and loaded the new OSXAPTIOFIXDRV and was able to install sierra. I followed the steps here to install the Nvidia web drivers. Now I get the stupid prohibitory sign again with the first error I got. I guess I'll post this on post-installation now.

Attachments

• web driver error.jpg
    web driver error.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 248
You are not an idiot, just learning ;)
Try to reboot your computer with ctrl+alt+Delete each Time you see the stop sign. It can take up to 5 times or more, you shoud be able to boot.

Once in Sierra, Try to set csractiveconfig to 0x67 in clover configurator and reboot.

If still the problem, retry with osxaptiofixdrv (without the 2).

Thank you! I was able to boot in to sierra, and I once again enabled the web drivers. I set the csractiveconfig to 0x67 and rebooted, saw the prohibited sign and did ctrl+alt+delete and it booted. Only problem is every time I did this it reverted back to OS X Default Graphics Driver. I also tried enabling "use nvidia web drivers" in clover options. Same thing happened.

Nvram probably : see problem 6
Do not Forget the lilu kext and fix at the end if using system definition 17.1 (14.2 is default with clover)

Installation procedure :

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Enable SIP fully - CsrActive 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

THANK YOU! Did everything and kept booting to the boot loader that was already on my ssd without realizing that all the changes I was making meant I had to boot from the updated boot loader on my flash driver. Drivers are working! One last question, as of now I have to manually enter the fakecpuid every time I boot. I tried putting it in the config but it still won't fake the cpuid unless I manually enter in binaries patching. Thank you for all of your help!

Last edited:
If not already done, download and launch clover configurator (vibrant edition) : http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
Open your EFI partition on your Sierra HDD and search for your config.plist in the clover folder.
In kext and kernel patch tab, look at the right, you will see where to put the right value (0x0506E3).
Save and exit. Reboot, you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back