Contribute
Register

[solved] Stuck on installation script errors [ASUS Prime Z490-A, i9-10850K]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I did format ssd now, the same as we format usb. Now it just formated ssd and the usb.
I don't know what else I can do here with it..

Ok, than OpenCore it is. Just need to figure out how to get installer working.

Funny thing that I have components recommended in buying guide, and cannot even get installation loaded with them..

View attachment 523107View attachment 523108

There must be something we are missing then.

For example - if you create your USB installer using creatinstallmedia on the correctly partitioned and formattted GUID USB stick, then copy a known good EFI folder into the EFI partition on it, you should be good to go.

The fact you can't even reach the installer points to something basic we are not seeing.

And yes, your components as we can see them should pose no problems. Usually.

For example - if you create your USB installer using creatinstallmedia on the correctly partitioned and formattted GUID USB stick, then copy a known good EFI folder into the EFI partition on it, you should be good to go.

The fact you can't even reach the installer points to something basic we are not seeing.

I'll try to recreate install USB than, and make a more thorough formating

thanks,
as I understand, this means that CFG Lock is already disabled
My bad. Yes I realised that error I'd made.

I'll try to recreate install USB than, and make a more thorough formating
Actually to be more specific, if you can you need to format it as macOS (HFS) Extended but using GUID partition.
That's the only way to get it through. Besides that is also enabling legacy USB booting in the BIOS settings.

Yes. It's also possible he could have bad RAM or possibly BIOS? Bad RAM can certainly cause crashes such as that.
Better to also run Memtest via USB and see what comes up.

Also, I have just made and I've just realised you also needed SSDT-RHUB.aml for your build (which is missing in the Prime A EFI I'd provided). Maybe that could be it?

ssdt-rhub-asus.png

Okay so I've made a new EFI for you with the SSDT-RHUB.aml added.
Give it a try.

Attachments

• EFI for Big Sur 11.4 OC 0.6.8 Z490 Prime-A RHUB.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 54
Okay so I've made a new EFI for you with the SSDT-RHUB.aml added.
Give it a try.

Great, thank you :)

I stuck at apfs_module_start with this EFI. I also changed SMBIOS of course, and set system to iMac20,2

photo_2021-06-28 12.26.47.jpeg

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.2 KB · Views: 32
Actually to be more specific, if you can you need to format it as macOS (HFS) Extended but using GUID partition.
That's the only way to get it through. Besides that is also enabling legacy USB booting in the BIOS settings.

so I recreated USB, securely erased all data (took couple of hours) and than created installation using createinstallmedia terminal command. I can load this installation from usb on my mac, so it should be working.

Yes. It's also possible he could have bad RAM or possibly BIOS? Bad RAM can certainly cause crashes such as that.
Better to also run Memtest via USB and see what comes up.

I tried to use just I line of RAM, so far all the same, I'll try may be to run a memtest later. I had this issue (with bad ram) on my previous system, one of the reasons I upgraded.

Also, I have just made and I've just realised you also needed SSDT-RHUB.aml for your build (which is missing in the Prime A EFI I'd provided). Maybe that could be it?

yes, it probably should present :)

so what are my observations so far:
I see that different EFI got me to the different install script stages. Somewhere I stuck right at the beginning, somewhere at "apfs_module_start", and somewhere at "warning: mutable product symlink creation failed".
So it might be something is missing or conflicting in EFI.
photo_2021-06-27 21.00.58.jpeg

May be I'll format my ssd as APFS instead of Mac os journaled? I'll try this out.
1624873780272.jpg

so I recreated USB, securely erased all data (took couple of hours) and than created installation using createinstallmedia terminal command. I can load this installation from usb on my mac, so it should be working.

I tried to use just I line of RAM, so far all the same, I'll try may be to run a memtest later. I had this issue (with bad ram) on my previous system, one of the reasons I upgraded.

yes, it probably should present :)

so what are my observations so far:
I see that different EFI got me to the different install script stages. Somewhere I stuck right at the beginning, somewhere at "apfs_module_start", and somewhere at "warning: mutable product symlink creation failed".
So it might be something is missing or conflicting in EFI.
View attachment 523156

May be I'll format my ssd as APFS instead of Mac os journaled? I'll try this out.
View attachment 523157
what is the make and model of the hard drive/nvme in your machine?

so no, APFS ssd doesn't change it..

what is the make and model of the hard drive/nvme in your machine?

I've just tried to use a plain hdd (Seagate) instead,
and the same outcome, stuck at "apfs_module_start"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back