Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Working on 3rd hackintosh build, 4530s ProBook with 2350m i3 CPU, everything is now working except the CPU multiplier is stuck at lowest possible setting, no other multipliers are showing in HW Monitor.

Booting with only Generate PStates=Yes, Drop SSDT=No, have installed the patched kexts for 10.7.4, I'm going to try one last time with the above entries switched, but I am pretty sure I've tried everything now.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit: Trying to think of any extra info. that might help. One thing is that I have the latest rev.23 bios, and the dsdt's available in the installation package only go up to rev.20, I am not even thinking of attempting to downgrade my bios, so should I have not installed that rev.20 DSDT? I'll try deleting it to see if that helps.

Re: Stuck at x8 792Mhz multiplier!

Adding CStates didn't help, both with DropSSDT On and Off.

Feels almost like my Chameleon.plist is not even being read because it boots exactly the same way no matter what my settings are. I remember that happening on my first build in Snow Leopard, I forget how I fixed it.

I just checked my com.apple.Boot.plist in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and it's empty, so I suspect that despite having Chimera installed, it's just reading from that plist and not Chameleon's in the Extra folder. Does anyone know a surefire way to check which one is being read at boot?

Besides that hunch, I've tried both the SSDT included in the ProBook installer, and the one in a big zip file from another thread (which appear to be exactly the same). What could I be missing?

PS: Didn't try deleting the DSDT yet, because I figured it has nothing to do with this, am I right?

Re: Stuck at x8 792Mhz multiplier!

Ok I realized I was missing the SMBios.plist for MacBook 8.1.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back