Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770
Graphics
MSI Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB + Intel HD 4000
Hi all,

I recently completed my vanilla installation on a desktop computer with the following specs

i7 3770
MSI GTX 1050 2GB + Intel graphics 4000
Gigabyte H77-DS3H
8GB Ram
120GB SSD

I have changed the bios settings to the recommended ones from the installation guide as follows:
Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled

After the installation I run Multibeast, and also installed Nvidia web drivers to get full acceleration for my GTX 1050 following the instructions from this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-2-378-10-10-10-25.239852/ .

Each time I click Shutdown or Reboot from the menu the screen goes black with the spinning wheel as normal but it spins forever and never actually shuts down.
Everything else works fine on the system.

Original config.plist attached.
I also tried a suggested config.plist with no luck.
I have also attached a screenshot with verbose mode enabled while shutting down.

Any help really appreciated

Attachments

• 20180408_124926.jpg
    20180408_124926.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 88
  • suggested-config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 154
  • original-config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Same thing for me with HS 10.13.4

Anyone ? Here is my DSDT

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    341.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Ok so here's what was wrong. Apparently I was using an old and incompatible USB Wifi card (asus usb n13). Though it works fine, if it is connected during shutdown the whole process will fail.

I added a custom script that gets executed in shutdown that unloads apple's usbhub kext so everything is fine now.

Ok so here's what was wrong. Apparently I was using an old and incompatible USB Wifi card (asus usb n13). Though it works fine, if it is connected during shutdown the whole process will fail.

I added a custom script that gets executed in shutdown that unloads apple's usbhub kext so everything is fine now.
Can you share the script? I am experiencing the same issue. TIA!

Can you share the script? I am experiencing the same issue. TIA!

Sorry I do not have Mac installed now... it's very easy search over the internet how to execute a script at shutdown in mac and how to unload a kext. Unload the apple kext which is related to usb devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back