Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Stuck at IOConsoleUsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i am having the same problem but with intel hd graphics 530. any solution?

i got the problem but in mojave , i log out then says io console users :screen lock and stays there

i got the problem but in mojave , i log out then says io console users :screen lock and stays there
[/QUOTE
on boot menu of config.plist put 0x0 in ATI, IntelGFX, LAN... all of them. then in graphics tab, select vbios if you are using intel hd graphics. this worked for me

Hi Guys/Girls,
I have also the same phenomenon. After a successful upgrade from Mojave to Catalina 10.15.7 (following the install/upgrade guided after a hang installed the SSDT-EC.aml), the upgrade had some headaches but almost everything works. But since the upgrade my secondary monitor does not work anymore, its on HDMI and when plugged in while booting the system hangs at:
: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
When I remove the HDMI cable it boots like a charm.
Running on a HP Pavilion AIO with i5 Haswell and according to the specs, my graphic card should be a Intel® HD Graphics 4200. (But also saw 4200?)
Perhaps there is already an issue posted with my specs?

Last edited:
Step further, enabled palette snoop in Bios, now when I plugin my HDMI the second monitor works. but still hanging on same message when plugged in HDMI while booting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back