Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck at initial boot from USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • See uploaded screen shots of your config.plist.
  • Edit using CCV in the shown menus as suggested in the images and save that and try to see if you can boot without Safe mode.
  • Further editing might be needed depending up on any other issues noted on reboot in verbose screen shots.

Thank you so much for your ongoing and very clear support!
Unfortunately still no luck.

The movie shows the installation process. Upon finish the computer auto-reboots and, again, runs into the (so it seems to me) GPU issue. For good measures I also attached a screenshot of my BIOS settings and the updated clover folder.

As can be seen here: https://streamable.com/ru7hz

Afterwards I get the now well-known errors in the verbose output;
IMG_3129.jpg IMG_3130.jpg IMG_3131.jpg IMG_3133.jpg IMG_3132.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
Thank you so much for your ongoing and very clear support!
Unfortunately still no luck.

The movie shows the installation process. Upon finish the computer auto-reboots and, again, runs into the (so it seems to me) GPU issue. For good measures I also attached a screenshot of my BIOS settings and the updated clover folder.

As can be seen here: https://streamable.com/ru7hz

Afterwards I get the now well-known errors in the verbose output;
View attachment 306344 View attachment 306345 View attachment 306346 View attachment 306348 View attachment 306347

• Unfortunately your uploaded images did not give any further clues to current issue; basically they are all expected variations often seen under normal circumstances also.
  • But, based on the ACPI section of your CLOVER, I have made some editing hoping to overcome current boot problem.

• Try editing your ACPI using the one I am uploading as templates.
  • Save the edited config.plist overwriting (replacing) what you have at present and reboot and check.
  • I am hoping my annotations on the edited images are self explanatory. But, if you have questions , I shall try to explain them in detail in text in my response.

Attachments

• 1.ACPI.png
    1.ACPI.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 2.ACPI.png
    2.ACPI.png
    302.5 KB · Views: 121
Thanks! I have to leave office but will try again tomorrow.
At the moment I'm doing a full re-install (boot from USB, disk utility, format and start over again).
Is this necessary? If not; is there a way to replace the CLOVER/config.plist on the HD in, for example, safe mode?
That would make trial and error much quicker.

• Unfortunately your uploaded images did not give any further clues to current issue; basically they are all expected variations often seen under normal circumstances also.
  • But, based on the ACPI section of your CLOVER, I have made some editing hoping to overcome current boot problem.
  • Try editing your ACPI using the one I am uploading as templates.
  • Save the edited config.plist overwriting (replacing) what you have at present and reboot and check.
  • I am hoping my annotations on the edited images are self explanatory. But, if you have questions , I shall try to explain them in detail in text in my response.

I tested this out but got the same results.

I've got a feeling I'm doing something wrong and the config.plist is only used on the first boot.

Just to get my head around... Is my assumption right that if I;

- Edit the config.plist on the boot USB on my MacbookPro
- Boot from EFI partition on USB (using F8 while booting)
- Run Disk Utility and erase my Samsung Evo to APSF
- Close Disk Utility
- Start new OS installation

That my config.plist is being implemented on the Samsung EVO drive?
Or should I manually do this after the initial installation?

I'm in doubt because of the options displayed in the settings of the boot (pressing spacebar from the clover boot menu).
The options displayed there are missing things like -v and -disablegfxfirmware (which are set in my config.plist).

To further illustrate;

hack3_plist_-__Users_jaapoostinjen_Documents_Hackintosh__git___.jpg IMG_3143.jpg IMG_3144.jpg

Any help is much appreciated!

@cmn699 GOOD NEWS! I'm posting this from my Hackintosh! Turned out some of my above assumptions were right (sort off)... The settings from the config.plist where not passed during boot. Eventually I added them manually, that way it boots wonderfull!

IMG_3145_2.jpg

My next steps will be getting the GPU working.
If you have any advice on how to manage my standard config.plist (Should I edit the one on my SSD EFI now and should that automatically work?) it would be greatly appreciated.

If all is running well I'll write a roundup with my configuration so other other people can jump trough these hoops a little quicker.

Thanks so far @cmn699 ! - Is there any way I can buy you a beer (BTC address, donation page, whatever).

Last edited:
@cmn699 GOOD NEWS! I'm posting this from my Hackintosh! Turned out some of my above assumptions were right (sort off)... The settings from the config.plist where not passed during boot. Eventually I added them manually, that way it boots wonderfull!

View attachment 306573

My next steps will be getting the GPU working.
If you have any advice on how to manage my standard config.plist (Should I edit the one on my SSD EFI now and should that automatically work?) it would be greatly appreciated.

If all is running well I'll write a roundup with my configuration so other other people can jump trough these hoops a little quicker.

Thanks so far @cmn699 ! - Is there any way I can buy you a beer (BTC address, donation page, whatever).

• :clap:! Congrats for your successful installation of macOS High Sierra using Integrated Intel HD Graphics.
  • Because this was a difficult installation for you with ups and downs, I suggest you to first create a clone of your current System disk for fall back rapid restoration in the event of any mishaps in the next step of installing the PCIE Graphics card.
    • You can use a SATA Spin disk of equal or larger size of your current system disk to Clone.
    • You can use the Freeware(Donation Ware) Clonezilla to create an exact duplicate of your current disk.(By the way it can clone Windows and Linux disks too with ease)
    • You can create a UEFI USB installer for UEFI disk cloning with Clonezilla in Windows using the freeware Rufus ( you can create it in Mac too)
    • For details see this post #2
  • To proceed with Nvidia Gigabyte Geforce 1050ti GTX Graphics Installation, you may use the following steps:
  • After the kexts are installed, reboot the Computer and get ready for pressing the hotkey key to enter BIOS Setup
  • In the BIOS, change Graphics Options to PCIE and DISABLE IGFX
  • Make sure all other BIOS Options are Unchanged and OK for macOS booting
  • Save BIOS Setup and reboot
  • On Reboot the Screen will show "NO Display"
  • Shut Down the PC
  • Remove Power Cable
  • Carefully insert removed NVIDIA Graphics Card to PCIE Slot 1
  • Make sure nothing else (especially the RAMS) are not displaced during this . If any other devices are to be temporarily uninstalled to get space to insert the Graphics, make sure they are securely and firmly reinserted.
  • Disconnect Monitor cable from IGFX and connect to Nvidia .
  • Reconnect Power and reboot .
  • Once again go inside BIOS to make a Final Check for everything to be OK
  • Boot to HS desktop

Thanks for your offer:).
You may donate to TonymacX86 Forum that provides a venue for us to communicate and help each other.
I don't need anything in kind but certainly appreciate your kind thoughts. I am glad I had the opportunity to be of help to you and through your successful well documented troubleshoot many many others searching for answers to the problem you faced may get the help too.

We're getting there :)
Im now running the dispay by using the Gigabyte 1050ti!
But it's flashing/breaking on screen. You probably know what I mean.
I did got the Nvidea driver installed (it's in the menubar) but after selecting the Nvidea driver and reboot, the OS is still on the OS X default driver.

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 16.12.43.png

Some other minors I'm running into:
- Multibeast doesn't seem to install the drivers, so I put the kexts in the CLOVER/kexts folder manually which seem to work.
- I located the ALC887 package within multibeast to install manually but that fails unfortunately.

Working right now:

- Ethernet
- Booting with only dart=0
- Backing up to internal spin drive (I ended up using Carbon Copy Cloner)

For good measure, attached again my CLOVER folder.

Thanks! Jaap

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
We're getting there :)
But it's flashing/breaking on screen. You probably know what I mean.
I did got the Nvidea driver installed (it's in the menubar) but after selecting the Nvidea driver and reboot, the OS is still on the OS X default driver.

View attachment 306835

Some other minors I'm running into:
- Multibeast doesn't seem to install the drivers, so I put the kexts in the CLOVER/kexts folder manually which seem to work.
- I located the ALC887 package within multibeast to install manually but that fails unfortunately.

Working right now:

- Ethernet
- Booting with only dart=0
- Backing up to internal spin drive (I ended up using Carbon Copy Cloner)

For good measure, attached again my CLOVER folder.

Thanks! Jaap
But it's flashing/breaking on screen. You probably know what I mean
  • I have edited config.plist for you to change as shown and then Save it clicking the 2nd Arrow of CCV Tools at the bottom to replace previous one.
    • This is to make use of your installed Nvidia Graphics.
  • See if that will fix the flickering you experience. Note I have changed your SMBIOS >Product name to iMac18,3 which is closer to your CPU/MoBo.
I located the ALC887 package within multibeast to install manually but that fails unfortunately.
To know more about your audio problem:
Please upload :
  • Apple>About This Mac>System Report...> Hardware >Audio Screen shot in full
  • System Preferences > Sound > all 3 tabs in view screen shots (See example)
I will suggest the Audio Troubleshoot after I see your response.

Attachments

• 1.Graphics.png
    1.Graphics.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 2.SMBIOS.png
    2.SMBIOS.png
    458.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 3.System Preferences_Sound.png
    3.System Preferences_Sound.png
    56 KB · Views: 79
Thanks!
InjectIntel was already disabled. I uploaded my new CLOVER as well.
Attached are my screenshots.

Concerning graphics:
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 17.24.01.png Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 17.25.41.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-18 at 17.30.37.png
And Audio:
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 17.25.25.png Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 17.24.35.png Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 17.24.33.png Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 17.24.31.png

Concerning audio

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
Thank you for the uploads.
I noted your Graphics issue more clearly after the current screen shots

I suggest reading and following steps of

"Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked" at

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Your audio should work Ok. You have installed the needed kexts as shown in System Report...>Hardware>Audio

"Sound" is configured OK in System Preferences. [See attached edited image of System Preferences Sound ]

You should select Internal Speakers and connect your Powered Speakers to Audio Jack of your PC at the back or Head phone jack to front .

To test Select any of the "Sound Effects " from "Sound" in "System Preferences" and /or play from any Audio File from any source.

Attachments

• Sound Output Internal Speakers .png
    Sound Output Internal Speakers .png
    59 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back