Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck at Gigabyte loading screen after Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to insist but anyone has an idea why after Multibeast post-install i can't do anything as long as my new Sierra drive is mounted (everything is blocked on Gigabyte first screen, so that pressing delete, f12 or f2 keys doesn't work), and i can only reboot in Unibeast USB once i unplugged the drive with Sierra?

Last edited:
Hi,
a few weeks ago I had the same issue with my Gigabyte Z87-HD3, I stucked at the post-screen.
First I installed Sierra on my SSD, used Multibeast for the post installation and rebooted. Then after the second reboot it didn't boot anymore. I've tried unplugging hardware, changed the bios battery and so on. Sometimes it worked. I could select the optimized bios settings. But then after reboot I stucked again at this point. So I decided to buy a new Mainboard, an Asus one.

If your able to solve this problem, please let me know how course the Gigabyte is a much better one.

Here is by the way a Guide for how to remove extra entries in your bootloader.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

Best regards

Last edited:
Have you considered plugging in the secondary Sierra SSD as an external drive and completely wiping it with diskpart clean command in cmd?

Hi,
a few weeks ago I had the same issue with my Gigabyte Z87-HD3, I stucked at the post-screen.
First I installed Sierra on my SSD, used Multibeast for the post installation and rebooted. Then after the second reboot it didn't boot anymore. I've tried unplugging hardware, changed the bios battery and so on. Sometimes it worked. I could select the optimized bios settings. But then after reboot I stucked again at this point. So I decided to buy a new Mainboard, an Asus one.

If your able to solve this problem, please let me know how course the Gigabyte is a much better one.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

Best regards
Thanks for your help!
I will look at that link very attentively because i think it plays some bad jokes with my rebooting...
As soon as i have a "solution" i'll let you know ;)
edit: i've read very quickly and saw he says it would be better to have
"only one disk (an SSD if you like speed) that has an EFI partition that contains the Clover boot loader. Of course in OS X, all (I think) formatted drives will have an EFI partition, but you do not want two EFI partitions that contain ANY boot loader – that includes Clover, Chameleon, Chimera or whatever"
the problem is: my back-up Mountain Lion would always be another EFI partition with a bootloader other than my SIERRA SSD to be.
I'll try and come back to report the result ;)

Last edited:
Have you considered plugging in the secondary Sierra SSD as an external drive and completely wiping it with diskpart clean command in cmd?
Thank you for your attention ;)
maybe i don't understand something in your proposition, is wiping it completely with Disk Utility different from doing it like you propose to do it? Is there any difference added by the fact the SSD would be an "external drive"?
Sorry if it's a dumb question.
As i say, once i replug the SSD during Unibeast Installation (at the "formate your drive" step before installing Sierra) i can erase it entirely, and use it.

Hi,

Best regards
So i tried:
it doesn't work for me as when the Clover Boot appears and i press the right arrow it stays stuck on the Clover icon without any option at all: no USB to boot, no options etc. (and i tried also before the logo appears, even with the left arrow just in case :) ...)
When i release the arrow it boots as usual with all the options and the USB.
Too bad it looked like something spot on for my case...
Now i'm waiting for a mini pc (should arrive in 2 weeks) with Windows10 to have a back-up on top of my ML system and particularly to be able to extract the BIOS files to flash the motherboard.
Thank you again for that guide i didn't see before (and i read a lot on the forum), i'll keep it in mind and try another time with the CMOS reset (as he says it can sometimes fail and then there's only that CMOS to try) but not this week-end as i need a working machine (with my luck i could end up doing it wrong---even if i already succeeded yesterday....)
Cheers!

Last edited:
Thank you for your attention ;)
maybe i don't understand something in your proposition, is wiping it completely with Disk Utility different from doing it like you propose to do it? Is there any difference added by the fact the SSD would be an "external drive"?
Sorry if it's a dumb question.
As i say, once i replug the SSD during Unibeast Installation (at the "formate your drive" step before installing Sierra) i can erase it entirely, and use it.

I'm not sure method actually wipes the EFI partition!
If that's the case, then you aren't fixing anything at all
The clean command in diskpart completely wipes all partitions
Disk Utility can format just the installation partition and leave the EFI partition (depends how you do it)

I'm not sure method actually wipes the EFI partition!
If that's the case, then you aren't fixing anything at all
The clean command in diskpart completely wipes all partitions
Disk Utility can format just the installation partition and leave the EFI partition (depends how you do it)
Ok so since my only way to recover my blocked drives is to replug them on Unibeast install and use disk utility to erase them, i should use diskpart once i can access them but no access to Windows...
Thanks for your explanation though ;)

Last edited:
Ok so since my only way to recover my blocked drives is to replug them on Unibeast install and use disk utility to erase them, i should use diskpart once i can access them but no access to Windows...
Thanks for your explanation though ;)

Do you not have a windows install CD or USB? Diskpart is included in the cmd prompt on the installer as well

looks like your 1TB hdd has a faulty boot partition/file system corrupted.since you had windows 10 on it you have to delete all the hidden partitions , format and again make a primary partition. are you familiar with linux gparted ?? google it, download and burn to a blank cd/usb, detach your elcappitan ssd and data ssd from the rig , boot from gparted cd and delete all partitions of your 1TB hdd and again make a new partition and flag it as boot volume. start allover and install sierra on your 1TB hdd assuming you have no windows 10 on your system.
You're right, no Windows anymore and i'm not "familiar" with it but i used gparted once or twice some time ago...
Problem is my CD/DVD drive doesn't work on my back up (and i'm reticent to trying to tweak my only working boot...).
A cascading series of problems:
ML without a functional DVD/CD drive (no drive detected), no more Windows, 65 boot option entries in a temperamental BIOS (have yet to try the CMOS+Clover solution given previously by HelmutTosh)
make it more difficult to find the first thing to achieve.
I should be able to flash the BIOS once i receive a mini pc with Windows (to extract the BIOS files).
I may try before the Anachroaut's CMOS+Clover (have to read further to understand well what Macmerlin on page 6 and zipb on page 7 propose as they seem to have found something interesting too.. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ntries-prevent-further-problems.175274/page-7 )
I keep your solution in mind (i already have a cd of ubuntu) and it may come handy in the future ;)

edit: I should be able to use the Windows way (i forgot about my usb...)
Thanks to both yours and Masterscarhead1's advices i found out i used wrongly the Windows10 installer (didn't know about Diskpart from installer, used the formate option when it asked where i want to install W10... i'll try with the repair your pc>cmd
Thanks again ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back