Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck at Gigabyte loading screen after Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not have a windows install CD or USB? Diskpart is included in the cmd prompt on the installer as well
ah! yes i could use the USB!
i'll have to make a new bootable Windows USB (i just erased it because i couldn't install Windows 10, the installer kept saying the drive wasn't formatted as it should even though i used Unetbootin... and the installer refused to reformate it... i may try with a Windows XP installer if the Windows 10 installer fails me again for this cmd prompt action )
Thanks for the tip! i found that http://dellwindowsreinstallationgui...mat-vs-secure-wipe-ssd-and-hdd/useofdiskpart/ and it looks like what you suggested ;)

Last edited:
Update1:
I used diskpart>Clean all for my 1TB as you both proposed and it took 3 hours.
Meanwhile i remembered i had an old Windows Laptop with XP (had to re-install it...) so i was able to extract correctly the BIOS files to flash the motherboard.
Good surprise: i've lost my 65+ boot option entries!
And the SSD with Sierra that blocked everything at Gigabyte screen now let me have a try to boot from it (but i have the barred circle when i try...) as i access the regular Clover screen.
So now i'll check after a few reboot to let you know if it repopulates the boot option entries (hope it doesn't).
Still got to found out which option to try with the booting from Clover but it's a huge step forward (and the 65+ boot entries seemed to be the problem) and i have never been that close to boot in Sierra (and i have a totally cleanedt HDD of 1TB i could configure at pleasure).
Any proposition for the SSD boot option in Clover?
I tried dark=0 + nv-disable=1 (that works for my back up ML) and i had the barred circle.
Thanks for your help, i was getting desperate after more than 7 days.

Last edited:
update2:
i finally booted in Sierra.
My mistake was after pressing f12 to boot from Clover, as soon as i booted from UEFI-SSD it worked.
Everything looks good, thanks for your great help: cmn699, HelmutTosh, Masterscarhead1 and others ;)

Hi,
a few weeks ago I had the same issue with my Gigabyte Z87-HD3, I stucked at the post-screen.
First I installed Sierra on my SSD, used Multibeast for the post installation and rebooted. Then after the second reboot it didn't boot anymore. I've tried unplugging hardware, changed the bios battery and so on. Sometimes it worked. I could select the optimized bios settings. But then after reboot I stucked again at this point. So I decided to buy a new Mainboard, an Asus one.

If your able to solve this problem, please let me know how course the Gigabyte is a much better one.

Here is by the way a Guide for how to remove extra entries in your bootloader.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

Best regards
In my case the main problem was the 65+ boot entries in the BIOS, once i flashed the BIOS it all worked again like it used to, and my SSD doesn't block me anymore on the Gigabyte screen.

Exactly the same happened to me today on a Gigabyte GA-H81-H.
What I have done is: disconnect the power supply, remove the BIOS battery, and short the two pins for clearing the BIOS for couple of minutes. Eventually, the mother board is back.
I was thinking I may need get a tool to re-programmed the BIOS SPI Flash chip.
Anyone has a clue about what is going on?
Why multibeast can do something to the BIOS?

I have also found something similar to Dell Optiplex 780 Small Form Factor.
These definitely are not coincident. there must be something going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back