Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
I have built and successfully hacked a computer before, but I'm stuck on what I need to change for this build. I have built this for my sister, but over the last few months, I have tried to find information on fixes, but I have come up empty. I have also tried fixes others found but were slightly different builds

BUILD:
  • i7-8700k
  • Maximus XI Hero Wifi
  • 32gb of ddr4-3200 Ram
  • Radion 580x 8gb
I get to the Debug screen, but it gets hung up pretty early in the process. It either gets stuck at this point or "PCI configuration end." I know its something is going on before this point, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Anyone have any idea I can try?

PS. The only difference between this build and my last one is the Motherboard. Mine is the Maximus X (Wifi) I tried using the same config.plist and USB that worked on mine. I can't figure out what needs to change.

I have attached the original .plist that I used on my build

Attachments

• Debug hang up screen.jpg
    Debug hang up screen.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
  • config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 118
Search for 1393 :

1393.png

I actually have the ACPI Fix already listed in my config.plist as "Fix 300-series RTC Bug" and I tried the downloadable SSDT-EC.aml patch and ACPI_Patch to put in the ACPI folder in my EFI folder.

I'm still getting stuck at the 1393.

I have attached the EFI folder I have on my working Hackintosh with only the motherboard (Maximus X wifi) as the difference.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 110
I actually have the ACPI Fix already listed in my config.plist as "Fix 300-series RTC Bug"
You do, but from the config.plist you have attached it is disabled. I've edited your clover folder a little, it should boot, provided you have correct bios settings.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 107
You do, but from the config.plist you have attached it is disabled. I've edited your clover folder a little, it should boot, provided you have correct bios settings.

I checked to make sure all the bio settings were correct. Now it's getting stuck earlier in the debug process. Should I try updating the bios? or see if there is an earlier version that I can revert back to?

Have you diabled onboard wifi/bt in bios? Intel wifi is not supported. I would recommend disabling serial ports as well, if that is in your bios. Use a DP port if your monitor has one. All the bios settings are in the link that @UtterDisbelief posted. Photograph the verbose output and post it back.

Have you diabled onboard wifi/bt in bios? Intel wifi is not supported. I would recommend disabling serial ports as well, if that is in your bios. Use a DP port if your monitor has one. All the bios settings are in the link that @UtterDisbelief posted. Photograph the verbose output and post it back.

I figured out how to un-disable the "Fix 300-series RTC Bug" and using my original EFI folder I'm loading up now. I will keep posted as I'm installing Mojave right now.

Along with enabling the "Fix 300 Series RTC Bug" on my original config I got Mac iOS Mojave to load. Here is the cope of he EFI folder attached. Now I'm just having trouble getting the Broadcom wifi/bluetooth chip to respond but I'll open a new thread for that.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back