Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Stuck at black loading screen with Apple logo and progress bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
GTX 750-Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

So I recently had my hackintosh running well with El Capitan, with an SSD and HDD. Migration Assistant put all the files that were on my Time Machine drive (from my iMac I had before) on my SSD. To reduce the stress on my SSD, I copied the Applications, Library, Pictures, Movies, Documents and Downloads folder onto the SSD, then replacing them with links to the folders I moved to the HDD as per this tutorial:

http://mattgemmell.com/using-os-x-with-an-ssd-plus-hdd-setup/

The importing process took quite a while, and I'm not sure if it even brought back my emails. addhen restarted, and after the Clover bootloader working as normal, it went to the black screen with the Apple logo and a loading bar. Before this, it normally got to just over half way, then went to a black screen then loaded El Capitan. But this time it got to just over half way, then slowed down immensely, then stopping altogether with the bar full.

Booting in safe and verbose mode goes up to here:

IMG_20160229_091523.jpg

Did I mess up with this file moving tactic? Or is it something completely different?

Also, I forgot to add, before restarting I tried to import mailboxes from my Library/Mail folder, which seemed to mostly work, but not all emails could be imported.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong board!

Stuck at black loading screen with Apple logo and progress bar.

Waiting for DSMOS without a corresponding DSMOS has arrived implies that FakeSMC.kext is missing or not loaded.

Hm. I did use Multibeast, and the final screen said FakeSMC had been installed. Did I need to also install FakeSMC plugins?

EDIT: And if I did, how do I do it now? A full reinstall?

Hm. I did use Multibeast, and the final screen said FakeSMC had been installed. Did I need to also install FakeSMC plugins?

The FakeSMC plugins are used by the HWMonitor app and are not necessary for a successful boot.

The FakeSMC plugins are used by the HWMonitor app and are not necessary for a successful boot.

So the actual FakeSMC is not installed/loaded?

So the actual FakeSMC is not installed/loaded?

You are in a better position than me to decide that.

As stated previously Waiting for DSMOS without a corresponding DSMOS has arrived implies that FakeSMC.kext is missing or not loaded. That may or may not be the case with your particular problem but it is certainly something worth checking.

Try booting from your USB installer.

You are in a better position than me to decide that.

As stated previously Waiting for DSMOS without a corresponding DSMOS has arrived implies that FakeSMC.kext is missing or not loaded. That may or may not be the case with your particular problem but it is certainly something worth checking.

Try booting from your USB installer.

Will do and come back with results, thanks!

I have booted from the El Capitan install USB and it looked hopeful, as just over half way the screen went black as it does normally, but it then went back to said loading screen. Here is the point where it hung:

IMG_20160229_112742.jpg

And other parts where it took a while or threw up an error:

IMG_20160229_112644.jpg

I have booted from the El Capitan install USB and it looked hopeful, as just over half way the screen went black as it does normally, but it then went back to said loading screen. Here is the point where it hung:

View attachment 179081

Most of that is from your wireless network interface and while it should not prevent booting it does tend to cloud the issue when attempting to diagnose problems.
You might try with it removed or disabled to get a clearer picture of what is happening.

Also try booting in safe mode (if you haven't already).

Most of that is from your wireless network interface and while it should not prevent booting it does tend to cloud the issue when attempting to diagnose problems.
You might try with it removed or disabled to get a clearer picture of what is happening.

Also try booting in safe mode (if you haven't already).

OK, I have removed my wireless card and these are the screens on which both hung, the first being the USB:

IMG_20160229_141947.jpg

and the drive El Capitan is installed on:

IMG_20160229_141447.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back