Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can anyone figure out why each time I boot my machine it gets stuck at the BIOS logo screen?

It will boot but ONLY after I press a key (any key)! It does not launch the BIOS -(although it would if I held down delete right as the logo appears however) but pressing any key seems to jump start the boot process and then it boots in OS X no problem.

For example, -I have energy saver set to boot up each morning at 7am. If come in an hour later at 8 (for example) , I have to press any key to get the machine to start the boot process.

Last edited:
I'm having this issue with the same Motherboard. Did you end up resolving the issue?

Hmmm I tried fiddling with the Init display first settings, and disabling internal graphics. Any memory which settings worked for you? Maybe I'll try to update the graphics drivers.

Actually I think it was a motherboard BIOS issue. What BIOS version are you running?

I think I ended up talking with Gigabyte support and I update the BIOS.

Something happening at that stage of the boot up process, AFAIK, has to be a mobo/bios issue.

I am no expert at all, so please don't rely on that line above!!!

Ok thanks a lot, I'll look into it more. I have v12 bios. I sent an email to Gigabyte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back