Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
RX 580
Hi,

Could anyone pls explain me how this can be related:
If I boot with 530 video internet is OK (i experience loads of artifacts...)
If I boot with installed GT 740 using boot flag nvda_drv=1 there are no internet, tried to reinstall realtek drivers but no luck.

it feels like i am missing something basic there... do I?

If I boot with 530 video internet is OK (i experience loads of artifacts...)
In your BIOS set Internal Graphics Memory size from default 32MB to 64MB. This should get rid of the artifacts.
No idea as to why adding that boot flag disables ethernet, you have installed the alternate web drivers?

In your BIOS set Internal Graphics Memory size from default 32MB to 64MB
Thanks, I do that first thing I am back from work.
In future will be wanting to use GT 740 (yes I do have installed web drivers), so very interesting what to do regarding Ethernet... Anyone?

I've installed el Capitan once again. After I boot from SDD first time network is OK, but then after multibeast 8.2.2 no network... does anyone has any ideas how to fix this?? i was following this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/ but as far no good...
I guess you confused us both in post#1 stating that booting with the nvda_drv=1 stopped your ethernet from working. UniBeast contains support for your ethernet NIC. Looking at your specs here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5485#sp your ethernet NIC is Realtek GbE Lan, you'll need to install this with MultiBeast. No need to run everything in MultiBeast, just go to
Driver > Network > select RealtekRTL8111v2.2.1 > Build > Install > restart and connect to the ethernet.

I did that, but nothing new happens. Do I need to remove old kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back