Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Strange PowerNap/SMBIOS(Board-ID)/Airport behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so after what seems like the 100th restart, the sound now works. I didn't do anything special, first boot without caches, ran "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /" (just like everytime else), rebooted, no sound, reboot again, no sound. But this particular time it complied. No idea; making time machine backup now :cool:
Thanks for all the help @RehabMan :thumbup:

for future:
- boot without caches *must* be done via Clover option (accessed via space bar)
- rebuild cache *must* be done very soon after booting

That's weird, the only way I know of to reliably boot without caches is pressing SPACE in clover (don't trust -f or UseKernelCache flags); I'm just glad the sound issue worked out... however it's murphy's law at work... I'm being punished for fixing a working system :lol:

The bluetooth appears to be malfunctioning after sleep :<
Pressing the hardware button a few times results in bluetooth working, but then WiFi becomes disabled :\

Last edited:
Here's the support zip I was going to upload yesterday. I added an IOREG dump of before and after sleeping. If there's anything else I can add to help let me know.
I had trouble with Bluetooth with PBI also, to get around the issue I remember experimenting with kexts I used in Yosemite, none of the kext backups I've kept are working, and I'm now just working with regular El Capitan versions. Just doesn't work after a 5minute sleep.
Most obvious thing somethings wrong:
Code:
[[0x4000]  OpCode 0x0C03 (Reset) from: kernel_task (0)  Synchronous  status: 0x00 (kIOReturnSuccess) state: 2 (BUSY) timeout: 10000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

**** [BroadcomBluetoothHostController][SetupController] -- disableHIDEmulation() failed -- result = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout) -- retry 3 time(s) -- 0x5f00 ****

REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure: 0x10 - file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4406.4.1/Core/Family/HCI/HostControllers/IOBluetoothHostController.cpp:4173

**** [IOBluetoothFamily][ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xe400 -- 0xe800 ****

Bluetooth - [0a5c:21e1]: USB [F4B7E2DC37E5 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
Wifi - (HP brand) Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n [14e4:4353] (rev 01)

Last edited:
Here's the support zip I was going to upload yesterday. I added an IOREG dump of before and after sleeping. If there's anything else I can add to help let me know.
I had trouble with Bluetooth with PBI also, to get around the issue I remember experimenting with kexts I used in Yosemite, none of the kext backups I've kept are working, and I'm now just working with regular El Capitan versions. Just doesn't work after a 5minute sleep.
Most obvious thing somethings wrong:
Code:
[[0x4000]  OpCode 0x0C03 (Reset) from: kernel_task (0)  Synchronous  status: 0x00 (kIOReturnSuccess) state: 2 (BUSY) timeout: 10000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

**** [BroadcomBluetoothHostController][SetupController] -- disableHIDEmulation() failed -- result = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout) -- retry 3 time(s) -- 0x5f00 ****

REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure: 0x10 - file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4406.4.1/Core/Family/HCI/HostControllers/IOBluetoothHostController.cpp:4173

**** [IOBluetoothFamily][ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xe400 -- 0xe800 ****

Bluetooth - [0a5c:21e1]: USB [F4B7E2DC37E5 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
Wifi - (HP brand) Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n [14e4:4353] (rev 01)

Your problem is caused by Android File Transfer.

Read the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

That's so weird, I've always used Android File Transfer, as long as it's been out. I use OSX everyday.
I will try without it, never would have seen the link between the two, thanks for suggestion

That's so weird, I've always used Android File Transfer, as long as it's been out. I use OSX everyday.
I will try without it, never would have seen the link between the two, thanks for suggestion

It is a well known incompatibility between BrcmPatchRAM and AFT. It comes up quite often. People should read the FAQ...

Thanks a lot, seems to be working fine after wake up now (4 wakes in so far, all good); now to figure out the default/best value for darkwake, starting with 11 (seems to be default) and going from there.

Glad I took the plunge(usually never touch working systems), a little bit readier to upgrade now when Sierra rolls around, support much appreciated:thumbup:

Thanks a lot, seems to be working fine after wake up now (4 wakes in so far, all good); now to figure out the default/best value for darkwake, starting with 11 (seems to be default) and going from there.

I never use the darkwake flag.

I never use the darkwake flag.

Thanks again for the input! I had noticed earlier that by feeding it the darkwake=11 flag, I wasn't seeing anything at all in the system log/dmesg/ about wakeups. Time machine was also not completing.
Removed the flag and restarted, hopefully no extra configuration necessary

Seems like bluetooth is still dying upon wake, even without AFT
Man, Yosemite really was a better operating system in every way I can think of... el cap has been nothing but troublesome and sacrifices :\

Code:
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e1]: device request failed ("0xe0005000 (UNDEFINED)" 0xe0005000).
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e1]: readCompletion - Return aborted (0xe00002eb)
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e1]: Firmware upgrade failed.
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e1]: Found existing IOKit personality "com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport".
BrcmPatchRAM2: Processing time 64.65 seconds.
BrcmPatchRAM2: Version 2.2.7 starting on OS X Darwin 15.6.
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e1]: USB [F4B7E2DC37E5 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e1]: Firmware upgrade completed successfully.
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e1]: Found existing IOKit personality "com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport".
BrcmPatchRAM2: Processing time 240.27 seconds.
Couldn't alloc class "BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back