Contribute
Register

[Solved] Still waiting for root device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay can someone please help me im stuck 3 days here with this mac indont know what to do i've tried so many things with kext and all stuff but.nothing is better . I keep getting stuck here. I have gigabyte h310m s2v motherboard intel i3 8100 coffe lake and gtx 750 ti

Attachments

• 15354799061872180476634391762015.jpg
    15354799061872180476634391762015.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 301
  • 20180828_200433.jpg
    20180828_200433.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 344
@Bojan123, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.

This error blocked a HS 10.13.6 install on an ASUS Prime H370M-Plus mobo resulting in the dreaded Prohibitory circle slash symbol. Tried all the usual fixes (different USB2 ports, adding kexts to kexts/Other, FixOwnership switch,....) until I saw this thread and Roargasm's link to the Clover file on insanely.... - which worked for me. Need to study this Clover file and compare it with the Clover files on a Unibeast install stick.

Have HS 10.13.6 booting fine on the H370M mobo with an EFI partition from MB 10.4 - all good except for a restart/shutdown problem where the fans continue running after the video signal terminates on Restart or Shutdown.

Do you think it's possible that the H370 chipset has introduced some problems that weren't evident with the Z370 mobos?

If you ran Multibeast (correctly) the USB is not needed. Remove USB installer so it defaults to Multibeast Clover EFI.

If it persists with same message, hit space bar once at clover menu screen and select: verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols, and debug kexts.

It should stop at root# type in "mount -uw" hit enter

Root# type in "Fsck -fy" hit enter

Wait, wait, wait, root# type "exit"

All of these without the " " marks.

It should either boot or finish with a black screen, wait a little it may be loading up for the final sign in and account settings if it's a fresh install. If nothing happens after 5 min then reboot.

For reboot let it boot normally.
you saved my life today. thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back