Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Still waiting for root device - Clover Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok changed the same to config.plist. When using "inject intel" still the system boots into a black screen(waited quite long). Although now when I unchecked "inject intel" and boot the OS X boots into 1080p resolution (half problem solved. I guess?)

No idea...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No idea...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I have got everything working(Battery, Keyboard, Trackpad, 1080p resolution, Ethernet, Audio, Power Management). Everything is working fine except the Graphics :(. I have tried all the configs bootflags. Whenever I inject "Intel Graphics" the system boots into black blank screen. Please help me with this. Attaching clover folder and also the bootlog.

Note: Iam not booting Clover UEFI. I am booting using Legacy. I have also tried your intel4000_1600x900 config which didn't work.
Edit: Attached screenshots of DPCIManager and also "About this Mac"

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.3 MB · Views: 116
  • Bootlog.rtf.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshots.zip
    276.3 KB · Views: 93
I have got everything working(Battery, Keyboard, Trackpad, 1080p resolution, Ethernet, Audio, Power Management). Everything is working fine except the Graphics :(. I have tried all the configs bootflags. Whenever I inject "Intel Graphics" the system boots into black blank screen. Please help me with this. Attaching clover folder and also the bootlog.

Note: Iam not booting Clover UEFI. I am booting using Legacy. I have also tried your intel4000_1600x900 config which didn't work.

Your profile has no data on screen resolution.
Please fix as per FAQ.

Note that CustomEDID and InjectEDID have no effect with current versions of Clover.
(new options are at config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject, and config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Custom)

Note also that the EDID data you have in CustomEDID is not valid anyway (it is not 128 bytes).

Ok. I have updated my profile. My laptop's Screen resolution is 1920x1080. I might have made some mistake extracting EDID on windows. Is EDID really required for my build? If yes, any easy way to fetch it on Windows or Linux?

Ok. I have updated my profile. My laptop's Screen resolution is 1920x1080. I might have made some mistake extracting EDID on windows. Is EDID really required for my build? If yes, any easy way to fetch it on Windows or Linux?

Clover is detecting your EDID just fine (look at your Clover preboot.log), so probably you don't need to specify a custom EDID.
If you need to inject edid, you can just set config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true.

Clover is detecting your EDID just fine (look at your Clover preboot.log), so probably you don't need to specify a custom EDID.
If you need to inject edid, you can just set config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true.

I have tried corrected EDID. Didn't work. I have noticed that "System Report > Graphics/Displays" is showing "No kexts loaded" Also in Kext Wizards I don't see any AppleIntelHD4000 kexts or Capri Framebuffer kexts getting loaded.

I am attaching oreg and "System Report" > "Graphics/Displays". Hope this may help you investigate this issue. Thanks Man :)

Edit: My laptop has one HDMI port and no other Display ports

Attachments

• SamsungAtivBook7.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 10.15.55.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 10.15.55.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 141
I have tried corrected EDID. Didn't work. I have noticed that "System Report > Graphics/Displays" is showing "No kexts loaded" Also in Kext Wizards I don't see any AppleIntelHD4000 kexts or Capri Framebuffer kexts getting loaded.

I am attaching oreg and "System Report" > "Graphics/Displays". Hope this may help you investigate this issue. Thanks Man :)

Edit: My laptop has one HDMI port and no other Display ports

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

Thanks brother. So finally after days of Googling I have the full graphics working now.

Fix: Had to change system definition to Macbook pro 8,3 and "ig-platform-id" to "2". So this issue is resolved can close this. Will soon be writing a guide for other's reference :)

Note: ig-platfrom-id "2" is invalid. If you're actually using "2" or 0x2, you're just disabling the graphics drivers.

Note: ig-platfrom-id "2" is invalid. If you're actually using "2" or 0x2, you're just disabling the graphics drivers.

This is weird. The graphics seemed to work just fine[Full QE/CI]. Although I have noticed one new problem. Sometimes when i startup my laptop i am presented with vertical dotted lines on OS X login screen. When I reboot from this screen the next startup is perfectly fine with graphics working just fine. Dont know the reason behind this. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back