1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am having a problem with my otherwise long time stable Sierra build. I recently updated my windows installation, and when I attempted to restart the computer, Clover will not recognize any drives as being present. It opens to the clover screen, with nothing. I formatted another drive with High Sierra, and set that as the startup drive, and the clover startup screen for that drives show the old drive as present, and I can boot into it. I can use the drive now with the new install of High Sierra, but am curious as to what happened to the old installation so as to make it non bootable/recognizable. I would like to avoid this in the future, and would like to repair the old installation as well if possible, since I am considering making an entirely new Hackintosh with the new High Sierra drive. Thanks.

if you are using r4509, most likely the VBoxHfs-64.efi driver is missing

if you are using r4509, most likely the VBoxHfs-64.efi driver is missing

Thanks so much for this suggestion. It may have happened after I updated clover as well, since this occurred around the same time as the update to 4509. I read where this driver can be extracted and placed on a memory stick. Where should I place the driver once I have it? Also, can this be added through Clover configurator? I really appreciate this.

re-installer clover (if you want to use r4509) manually select the driver in the setup

or re-install clover using version > r4512, or < r4502

or boot from usb linux drive, copy the old backup copies to your EFI partition

re-installer clover (if you want to use r4509) manually select the driver in the setup

Thanks, I'll give it a try later after work. I appreciate it.

Thanks so much Obvious Answer Man and itwas. After 2 long nights trying to figure out what I had done wrong, I used your advice and it took 45 minutes to fix everything! Why was the driver removed from that build? I usually update using the prefpanel addon, and had no idea there was an issue.
Again, thank you so much for your help.

Thanks so much Obvious Answer Man and itwas. After 2 long nights trying to figure out what I had done wrong, I used your advice and it took 45 minutes to fix everything! Why was the driver removed from that build? I usually update using the prefpanel addon, and had no idea there was an issue.
Again, thank you so much for your help.

in r4502 - r4512, the developer decided to made all drivers optional, (including those essential drivers), the install program will removed those essential drivers if you do not tell the program you want to install/upgrade those drivers.
https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/commit_browser

in the build > r4512, the developer changed their mind, it will install/upgrade the essential drivers for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back