Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] ssdtPRGen, AICPUPM kernel panics, and stepping woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shinzon, seems I have a similar issue. I tried the CLOVER SSDT and it works as you described in full speed without any throttling. I tried to compare to what I get out of ssdtPRgen.sh but the files are so different I don't know where to start...

I have attached both files, please let me know what I am doing wrong - maybe I am looking at the wrong files?

Also maybe related - is your GPU throttling properly? Mine seems to be stuck on the lowest frequency 350Mhz.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!!

Attachments

• clover_SSDT-0.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 215
  • prgen_SSDT.aml
    1.4 KB · Views: 205
Hi Shinzon, seems I have a similar issue. I tried the CLOVER SSDT and it works as you described in full speed without any throttling. I tried to compare to what I get out of ssdtPRgen.sh but the files are so different I don't know where to start...

I have attached both files, please let me know what I am doing wrong - maybe I am looking at the wrong files?

Also maybe related - is your GPU throttling properly? Mine seems to be stuck on the lowest frequency 350Mhz.

IGPU PM is unrelated to CPU PM SSDT (other than the plugin-type injection).

For GPU PM to work, you need to rename GFX0 to IGPU.

Try the latest beta version of ssdtPRGen.sh. In version 20.3 (latest beta as of this post), Piker fixed the bugs with the script. Run the script with -c 2 instead of -w 2 and you should be good to go.

As for graphics, I do indeed have full gfx stepping from 350mhz-1.15ghz. You'll get that when power management is working, and, as Rehabman said, you rename GFX0 to IGPU. edit: keep in mind that macOS is very conservative on when it ramps up the GPU; I only see it move higher than 350mhz when running a 3D application.

Last edited:
You guys are awesome thank you so much both issues resolved!!!

Just curious is there any way to influence the GPU to have it running at a higher clock?

Sorry, I meant can I force the GPU to run at a higher clock rate similar to how the CPU was running at full speed prior to the SSDT fix, or can we change the GPU schedular to be more responsive?

Sorry, I meant can I force the GPU to run at a higher clock rate similar to how the CPU was running at full speed prior to the SSDT fix, or can we change the GPU schedular to be more responsive?
Not that I know of, but honestly I don't think it's really necessary. I've been using OSX on this laptop for almost 2-3 years now, and I've never run into a situation where OSX didn't give enough gfx speed when I needed it. Doing the 2D acceleration stuff for the interface isn't really that taxing, especially with the new APIs, so no need to ramp up above idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back