Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi I was able to follow this guid until I hit a roadblock

I was able to test HS port, mine is USB3s are HS09 and HS10, USB2s are HS11 and HS14. I added -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS11 since HS11 is where my BlueTooth are connected.

screen-shot-2019-01-08-at-12-45-17-am-png.377429

Upon restart. Even if I plug and unplug USB 3 devices on USB 3 ports. SSxx ports won't recognize the devices.

screen-shot-2019-01-08-at-12-54-21-am-png.377430

Here are ktext installed in my EFI...ktext/Others

screen-shot-2019-01-08-at-12-51-09-am-png.377432

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H it uses Renesas

BIOS Settings:
XHCI Mode: Smart Auto
XHCI Controll: Disabled
EHCI Controll: Disabled

Attachments

• config-Setup.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 156
did you install the .aml file in the efi/acpi/patched folder?

Yes I did, since I cannot make the SSxx ports detect after adding -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS11 in boot. I just tried proceeding patching the .aml file.

Here's the result in IOreg

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 1.22.34 PM.png

Attached is my .aml file

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    504 bytes · Views: 66
I don't use the uia_exclude statement in clover. Instead, I comment out the HS/SS ports that I don't use. Attached is a copy of my .dsl file. It is for 200 series board but since HS/SS ports are the same no matter what brand/series it is, you can adapt it to work with yours.

Don't forget to export it as SSDT-UIAC.aml

Looks like you forgot to attached your .dsl file? btw where do you place .dsl files?

BTW this photo below doesn't have the uia_exclude argument in clover. Since I've already removed unused HSxx ports. using the SSDT-UIAC patch.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 1.22.34 PM.png

Thanks

I've seen your SSDT, but my problem is, my HSxx ports doesn't have any SSxx ports paired. Meaning after adding "-uia_exclude_hs" to check which SSxx ports will react during the port discovery none of the SS ports change. (see image)

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.54.21 AM.png

After plugging and unplugging USB 2/3 devices on all my USB 3 ports none of the SS01-06 reacts.

But my system can detect my USB 3 hub, it just runs on USB 2 speed (480mb/s) not USB 3 (5G/s)

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 7.42.13 AM.png

Thanks!

Per vendor's website below.

Chipset:
  1. Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB header)
  2. Up to 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
Chipset + 2 Renesas® uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hubs:
  1. Up to 8 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)

You may not need a SSDT file. You can have up to 6 USB2 ports (via pci bracket) and 2 USB3 ports (via pci bracket or pc case)

You want to move your USBInjectAll.kext to the L/E folder.

There are 3 USB2 headers and 2 USB3 headers (one of them is Intel and the other is Renesas)

All of the USB ports in the back looks to be control by the Reneas chipset.

If want to use the SSDT file, there will be 10 USB entries (less than the 15 port limit)

NOTE:

The SSDT file is save in the efi/acpi/patched directory

The only headers that is being us is the USB 2 which is the HS11 & HS 14 (USB 2 ports located in my PC case).
All of the USB 3 ports that I am accessing are from the PCI Bracket at the back.

I've removed my SSDT and moved USBInjectAll.ketxt to L/E

Still don't have paired SS for the HS ports. When I exclude HS, USB 3 ports won't work. If HS is included USB 3 works but on USB 2 speed.

Is there a problem with Renesas chipsets on Mojave? Never had this USB 3 issue since High Sierra that I can't seem to solve. Before I'll only patch some ktext and USB 3 works perfectly.

Thanks

The only headers that is being us is the USB 2 which is the HS11 & HS 14 (Case port).
All of the USB 3 ports that I am accessing are from the PCI Bracket at the back.
It looks like all your chipset ports are on 4 internal headers (3 x 2.0 and 1 x 3.0) + PCI/bluetooth while the I/O back panel ports are all on the unsupported Renesas uPD720210. Maybe you were using GenericUSBXHCI.kext previously?

It looks like all your chipset ports are on 4 internal headers (3 x 2.0 and 1 x 3.0) + PCI/bluetooth while the I/O back panel ports are all on the unsupported Renesas uPD720210. Maybe you were using GenericUSBXHCI.kext previously?

I really don't remember, but I think I did.

I've solved it.

I made another fresh install, before I install any ktext I did the Custom USB SSDT first.

I've been following this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ down to the dot, but there's something wrong in my system as SS01-SS06 won't react to any device and ports. So I decided to do the fresh install.

Here's my settings:

BIOS Settings:
XHCI MODE: Smart Auto
XHCI Control: Enabled
EHCI Control: Disabled

MultiBeast Settings:
Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > AppleALC
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0
Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2

Config.plst (SEE ATTACHMENTS)
SSDT-UIAC (SEE ATTACHMENTS)

I don't know what happen before but as of now all of my ports are fixed, I also bought 20pin USB 3 header since my computer casing don't have USB 3 ports and the back PCI Bracket is using Renesas which is unsupported chipset. I was hoping that through this USB Header I could at least make the intel chipset works as normal, but I got a better results. Probably something I didn't prior to following RehabMan's guide.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 168
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    504 bytes · Views: 115
I don't know what happen before but as of now all of my ports are fixed, I also bought 20pin USB 3 header since my computer casing don't have USB 3 ports and the back PCI Bracket is using Renesas which is unsupported chipset. I was hoping that through this USB Header I could at least make the intel chipset works as normal, but I got a better results. Probably something I didn't prior to following RehabMan's guide.
If you now have more than 4 working ports I'd guess "3rd Party USB 3.0" (whatever that is, probably installs GenericUSBXHCI.kext kext) has had an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back