Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Invision 941 SFF
CPU
Intel
Graphics
HD 4400
In Sierra and High Sierra, the Win Key + Space (CMD+SPACE) brought up the Spotlight Search but after moving to Mojave, I must now use the ALT key + Space. Did Apple make this change or is this is only on integrated keyboards and it all go back to normal if I switch to a USB keyboard?

In Sierra and High Sierra, the Win Key + Space (CMD+SPACE) brought up the Spotlight Search but after moving to Mojave, I must now use the ALT key + Space. Did Apple make this change or is this is only on integrated keyboards and it all go back to normal if I switch to a USB keyboard?

Look at your settings in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Modifier Keys"

Look at your settings in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Modifier Keys"
I did check that. Thank you.
It's actually my updated EFI folder so it must be a kext as I now boot from an old EFI in USB and it fine. Also notice the trackpad felt heavy/slow so it must be related.

On mobile at the moment so I can't the files just yet.

I did check that. Thank you.
It's actually my updated EFI folder so it must be a kext as I now boot from an old EFI in USB and it fine. Also notice the trackpad felt heavy/slow so it must be related.

On mobile at the moment so I can't the files just yet.

Different PS2 kexts will map the command/option keys differently.

I found a VoodooPS2 for trackpad and controller. The trackpad kext was in the kext folder but not in the Other but sitting next to the 10.14 folder. That may have explained why the mouse felt heavy/slow.

It is back to normal now. Thanks. Can you take a look and see what I can improve?
Wifi doesn't work (and same says it works for them) and I am told I can swap it out or use a USB one.
For now, I use HoRNDIS and my Nexus phone as a USB dongle.

The card reader doesn't show up in the About This Mac so I assume it is not working and I won't have
a card for another 12 hours to test it. When my TV (1336x768) is connected via HDMI, the screen goes black and I have to restart. Maybe VGA will work but I can't check for another 4 hours.

Thanks.

K.

It is back to normal now.

Marking thread solved.

Thanks. Can you take a look and see what I can improve?
Wifi doesn't work (and same says it works for them) and I am told I can swap it out or use a USB one.
For now, I use HoRNDIS and my Nexus phone as a USB dongle.

The card reader doesn't show up in the About This Mac so I assume it is not working and I won't have
a card for another 12 hours to test it. When my TV (1336x768) is connected via HDMI, the screen goes black and I have to restart. Maybe VGA will work but I can't check for another 4 hours.

Thanks.

K.

Off-topic.
This thread marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back