Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] SoundBlaster Omni Surround 5.1 not always recognized (Sierra 10.12.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 rev1.0 (F5)
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I got a problem with my hackintosh Sierra (10.12.4).
I got everything working (USB 3.0, got 15 USB activated, I identified all my USB ports on my mobo : Z270X-Gaming 5).
I even have a USB 3.0 PCI (it does not count for the 15 USB ports limit right ?).

Everything, every usb devices are recognized without any problem, even USB 3.0 devices, except for my sound card. It does not recognize it 100% of the time, I sometimes need to restart several times to get it recognized by macOS (but appears in IOJones).

Seems only to work when I plug in a different plug after a shutdown.
Example : I plug it to USB #1, works. Shutdown, not recognized. Plug into USB #2, works. Shutdown, not working. Plugging to USB #1 again, works ... Doesn't make any sense ! This is the only device that does that...

This card is supposed to be compatible with macOS natively according to Creative.

Can someone help me with that ?

Last edited:
That's what I believed first (I put my kexts in this post just in case).

If I plug another in the same port (here HS03), for example a USB key, it's working properly. But the sound card is detected (see IOJones screenshot) but not working.

That is the only device that does that.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-04-10 à 23.42.09.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-04-10 à 23.42.09.png
    485.6 KB · Views: 642
  • GA_Z270X_G5_Injector.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 151
  • XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 152
Hello Friend!

Not a true fix, but at least an apparent work around. This issue is not limited to hackintosh, this appears to be an OSX issue
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7906975?start=0&tstart=0
I have a Creative SoundBlaster E1 and after going to 10.12.4 all I got was clicking, no audio of any kind. However, I found on a related OSX forum post someone talking about using a non-powered USB 2.0 hub. So I switched it from my USB 3.0 hub to my keyboard (an effective USB 2.0 hub) and it works like a charm! I know its not a true fix, but at least you can hopefully get your music back!

Hi !
Seems like a problem with 10.12.4 then ! Because even if I plug it into my USB PCI device (Inateck KT4004), it doesn't work while all other devices are working !

I tried with SSDT USB too, didn't help. I attached them.

Attachments

• SSDT-3.aml
    1.7 KB · Views: 384
  • SSDT-3.dsl
    9 KB · Views: 364
Got it working at every boot now !

It wasn't a USB problem, but a kext problem.

Used vanilla AppleUSBAudio.kext from Mavericks (10.9.5) and put it in S/L/E (and not EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other) and now it's working as intended (read that solution after a lot of researches).

I attached it if you have the same problem.

Attachments

• AppleUSBAudio.kext.zip
    136.4 KB · Views: 552
My solution for this issue is using original AppleUSBAudio.kext ver 305.62 form macOS 10.12.2.
I had issue with HD USB Audio model AS372.
Override kext in S/L/E and repair permissions.

Attachments

• AppleUSBAudio.kext.zip
    160.2 KB · Views: 413

Works for me too! Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I've been living with the quirky nature of this device for a long while. Glad I stumbled upon this thread.

It wasn't a USB problem, but a kext problem.

Used vanilla AppleUSBAudio.kext from Mavericks (10.9.5) and put it in S/L/E (and not EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other) and now it's working as intended (read that solution after a lot of researches).

I attached it if you have the same problem.

Bro thank you so much! , I've been figuring out why my focusrite 2i2 stuttering , exactly as i guess the problem is in USB audio kext, then I install the maverick kext and voila! the stuttering is gone!!

Im on sierra 12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back