CPU
i3-4160
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I recently installed the public beta of MacOs Sierra. The installer was downloaded last night and the USB was created today so I don't think there has been an additional update since the installer download. Anyway, I can not get sound to work. The output devices in system preferences are only outputs over airplay. The output volume is not muted. I am dual-booting Windows and macOS Sierra public beta. The windows OS perfectly plays sound but the hackintosh OS won't. I have tried installing the correct audio drivers (Realtek ALC892 codec) through multibeast although the version of multibeast is intended for El Capitan. Some info about the system is it has a gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H mobo with an onboard Realtek ALC892 around card. The system definition is an iMac 14,2. This system had El Capitan and for some reason, the output that made the speakers work was Internal Speakers, The system definition of the El Capitan system was a Mac Pro (can't remember exact model). Thank you

By the way, in my profile this hackintosh is named "main pc"

Edit: Solved! Solution: Run toleda's patch that stork mentioned below. It was giving me errors but I renewed my config.plist and it worked fine. I would like to thank everyone that replied to this thread, without you my sound wouldn't be working. Mainly I would like to thank Toleda for solving my audio problems.

Last edited:
I could not get the Realtek ALC892 to work either, but VoodooHDA does work.

I could not get the Realtek ALC892 to work either, but VoodooHDA does work.
Ok, will try that

Edit: I downloaded the VoodooHDA driver in El Capitan multibeast. System preferences still won't recognise my speakers.

Last edited:
I have been using MultiBeast v8.2.3 after each installation of the Sierra Beta. It has worked for me on Gene (ALC1105) and Hector (ALC892). Try MultiBeast v8.2.3 again, just choosing the ALC892 audio driver/kext.

I have been using MultiBeast v8.2.3 after each installation of the Sierra Beta. It has worked for me on Gene (ALC1105) and Hector (ALC892). Try MultiBeast v8.2.3 again, just choosing the ALC892 audio driver/kext.
Nope, still nothing.

I could be completely wrong but I don't think its a problem with codecs but it is a problem with picking up the speakers. I don't know if the ALCxxx codecs add that support or not. If I am correct, I believe it has something to do with the SMbios. I think that it would at least show the option of internal speakers if that certain SMbios supported it. I am using the iMac 14,2 SMbios and I think it might have something to do with that, changing results in a black screen after apple logo. Im probably completely wrong about the SMBios thing though.

Thanks for reading, problem is still not resolved

Not the problem. 10.12 AppleHDA requires a different patch than all previous versions. Patch testing has started.
Ok, thanks for that. Is there a timeframe for the audio to work? Is it worth going back to El Capitan?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back