Graphics
GTX 560-ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When booting I sometimes get the error couldnt allocate runtime area.

Then I reboot a few times and it boots up normally but it still is pretty annoying since it can take upto 4 times.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues and if so how can you fix this?

My setup:
Cpu: I5 6500
Gpu: Gtx 960
Mobo: msi z170 tomahawk ac
Drive: Ssd samsung 256gb

I attached a screenshot below with the error message I get when booting with -v boot arg

Attachments

• IMG_1166.JPG
    IMG_1166.JPG
    842.4 KB · Views: 1,451
When booting I sometimes get the error couldnt allocate runtime area.

Then I reboot a few times and it boots up normally but it still is pretty annoying since it can take upto 4 times.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues and if so how can you fix this?

My setup:
Cpu: I5 6500
Gpu: Gtx 960
Mobo: msi z170 tomahawk ac
Drive: Ssd samsung 256gb

I attached a screenshot below with the error message I get when booting with -v boot arg

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 on your config.plist.

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
       <key>BooterConfig</key>
       <string>0x28</string>
       <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
       <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

After adding above entry, try booting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (do not add both drivers at the same time)

If above drivers are still making same issue, then boot with attached OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver.

Attachments

• OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,326
Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 on your config.plist.

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
       <key>BooterConfig</key>
       <string>0x28</string>
       <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
       <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

After adding above entry, try booting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (do not add both drivers at the same time)

If above drivers are still making same issue, then boot with attached OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver.

Thanks, but where do I add the drivers and do I have to rename the free 2000 one?

Im kinda new to hackingtosh so I have no idea where to add the .efi's and if I have to replace them

Last edited:
Thanks, but where do I add the drivers and do I have to rename the free 2000 one?

Im kinda new to hackingtosh so I have no idea where to add the .efi's and if I have to replace them

You can put the driver under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder.

You don't have to rename it.

Thanks going to try it and let you know if I had any success :D

edited my config.plist to the one you said and after putting the .efi in the /Other folder the issue is still there.
and I'm only using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
Is there something else I can try?

the error address is now 0x121a4 btw. idk if this changes every time :p

Last edited:
edited my config.plist to the one you said and after putting the .efi in the /Other folder the issue is still there.
and I'm only using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
Is there something else I can try?

the error address is now 0x121a4 btw. idk if this changes every time :p

Once again read Post#3

Jithin.C.V said:
Try booting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (do not add both drivers at the same time)

Once again read Post#3
got it working now, removed the OsxAptioFix2Drv and placed the OSxAptioFix2Drv-Free200 in there and now I don't get the error anymore. Thanks for the help everyone!

I have the same error, sometimes "couldn't allocate runtime area" other times "Error loading kernel cache".

This usually happens with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi if i try the "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" or the "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" the boot goes but stops at the Disk check with this error:

7f08d8656ef9446160db05677b39c3ca.png

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back