Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] So close! Asus P67, 5870, ATI Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordo74 said:
As far as eSATA, as I understand it, it works, it just has to be plugged in before boot (not hot swappable)

Yeah not working at all. I've just ordered a PCI-e eSata card, hopefully that will solve the problem.

Re: So close! Asus P67, 5870, ATI Package

AndyStubbs said:
Yoga said:
Gordo74 said:
I found it from a user over in InsanelyMac, it's just a bootloader that is Kabyl's branch (ATI acceleration) merged with the Sandy Bridge bootloader.

Been wanting that for a long time!

Me too, that's why I did it :p

Trust me, you get a big :thumbup: from me

Re: So close! Asus P67, 5870, ATI Package

AndyStubbs said:
Yoga said:
Gordo74 said:
I found it from a user over in InsanelyMac, it's just a bootloader that is Kabyl's branch (ATI acceleration) merged with the Sandy Bridge bootloader.

Been wanting that for a long time!

Me too, that's why I did it :p

All I can say is - thank you! I had hit a brick wall until your bootloader :)

Cheers guys - believe it or not that means a lot. So far over the last week or so I've had one guy completely rip off my P8P67Pro package, claim it as his own and post it to kexts.com, another telling me that the credit for my merged chameleon build deserves to go to somebody else (still not worked out the logic behind that one yet) and plenty of people moaning that the boot cd and install package I wrote for ONE specific model of motherboard doesn't work on their completely different motherboard!

I was starting to ask myself why I bothered so your thanks and thumbs up really are appreciated!

AndyStubbs said:
Cheers guys - believe it or not that means a lot. So far over the last week or so I've had one guy completely rip off my P8P67Pro package, claim it as his own and post it to kexts.com, another telling me that the credit for my merged chameleon build deserves to go to somebody else (still not worked out the logic behind that one yet) and plenty of people moaning that the boot cd and install package I wrote for ONE specific model of motherboard doesn't work on their completely different motherboard!

I was starting to ask myself why I bothered so your thanks and thumbs up really are appreciated!
My first build isn't a sandybridge one but my next one will be, so I just wanted to thank you now for all you do to help with people trying to build there own. I give you guys props for taking your own personal time to do this and make it less of a headache for the non computer suave people. :thumbup:

AndyStubbs said:

There are really only a few key people who actually create the kexts/drivers/kernels that others package up and distribute. As long as credit is given to the original sources, this community could be considered akin to open source; a non profit collaborative effort for the benefit of others. How it should be!

For the record, you're a big part of reason this hackintosh works. That puts you in legendary status in my eyes :¬)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back