Motherboard
Asus Z170 Hero VIII
CPU
i7-6700K OC @4.6GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I used the ATI Package that Gordo mentioned in his guide, which resulted in myself being able to boot into a smooth 64 bit, 16GB RAM OS X. BOOYAH!

But, the DisplayPort doesn't work any longer, my Apple Cinema Screen (24") goes black with no picture (using DVI + old 1280x1024 monitor now). It was fine with all other boot loaders and whatnot, so it must be linked to the ATI Package.

Any ideas? :)

Edit: Using 10.6.6 ATI kexts and GraphicsMode 1920x1200x32@60 solved the problem.

Re: So close! Asus P67, 5870, ATI Package

Yoga said:
I used the ATI Package that Gordo mentioned in his guide, which resulted in myself being able to boot into a smooth 64 bit, 16GB RAM OS X. BOOYAH!

But, the DisplayPort doesn't work any longer, my Apple Cinema Screen (24") goes black with no picture (using DVI + old 1280x1024 monitor now). It was fine with all other boot loaders and whatnot, so it must be linked to the ATI Package.

Any ideas? :)

So everything works except the display port? Can't you get a DP->DVI adapter?

Glad my guide worked. To get your DP working again, install Chameleon RC5-Sandy Bridge and the new ATI drivers from MB and set GraphicsEnabler=No in your boot.plist.

The problem is you wont be able to run DVD Player, Geekbench, or any OpenGL fullscreen games (most cider ports and steam games), WoW still runs though. Let me know how that works.

Thanks, but still the same problem.

For some reason, it's not working when I try the older boot files and drivers. Perhaps a new kext has been put somewhere that's causing a conflict.

I'm after a pro spec 27" monitor for photography, perhaps this is the call to get it ordered :)

Gordo74 said:
Is that the ONLY monitor connected?

Tried using just the single monitor, and both. Although I've not tried booting with only one monitor connected, will give that a pop.

Edit: no juice, still a black screen.

Where did you find the ATI Package? I might use Pacifist to put 10.6.6 ATI kexts back on system.

Gordo74 said:
I found it from a user over in InsanelyMac, it's just a bootloader that is Kabyl's branch (ATI acceleration) merged with the Sandy Bridge bootloader.

Been wanting that for a long time!

Gordo74 said:
You should be able to use the ATI kexts with the bootloader.

Got it working, forced the Graphics Mode to 1920x1200x32@60, did the trick.

With the 10.6.6 ATI kexts (5000, FrameBuffer and Helper), my card is recognised as a 5870 too (rather than 5000 series).

If I can get eSata working, I can start to use this full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back