Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master F11e
CPU
i9-9900K @ 5 GHz
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry for the long post. This was a series of mistakes, which resulted in sleep not working (it was working perfectly prior to this incident).

I installed the AppleIntelInfo kext to my /Library/Extensions/ folder by mistake when I used KextBeast, and it automatically picked the kext file up from my Desktop. When I saw that it had been installed, I went to the /Library/Extensions/ folder and deleted it. What I forgot to do was to rebuild the kextcache. Sure enough, on reboot, I got a kernel panic saying "thread wants credential but has no BSD process" and the AppleIntelInfo kext (which I had already deleted) was listed as the one creating the panic.

The hackintosh wouldn't boot, would not let me boot into single user mode, would not boot into safe mode, recovery didn't work, and the only thing that I figured out to do was to take out my SSD, mount it in a USB3 hard drive dock, and connect it to my Lenovo Z50 hackintosh laptop. On the laptop, (maybe because I use the same username and password), I was able to open the Library and System folders in Finder and delete the contents of the Caches folders (including hidden files). This, however, did not fix the problem.

I finally had to copy over the AppleIntelInfo kext to the /Library/Extensions/ folder again, upon which the computer booted up without any problems. I then went into the /Library/Extensions/ folder again and deleted the kext, this time running the touch command and rebuilding the caches.

I am now able to boot the computer without any problems, but the computer refuses to sleep properly. When I press sleep (or allow it to sleep due to inactivity), the display goes black, but the CPU fans and lights etc remain on, and everything seems to be running. Upon moving the mouse and clicking it once or twice, the display comes back on and I can use my computer. CodecCommander (which was working perfectly earlier) is also not able to reset sound, which results in no sound, after the first "sleep." When I type 'pmset -g stats' in terminal, I get the number of User Wake Count, which seems to tell me that sleep is working, but not properly.

Any help in this would be appreciated. I have attached whatever problem reporting files I could think of. Let me know if any more are required. Thanks.

EDIT: I copied the deleted files back to the Caches folders. Didn't help. I also tried reinstalling the 10.12.6 update from the combo updater. No dice.

Attachments

• Jasper’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • RehabMan.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 33
  • kextstat-output.txt
    820 bytes · Views: 55
  • touch-output.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
UPDATE: I formatted my hard drive and installed everything again. Same problem. Leads me to believe that my ACPI might be messed up. Can anyone please help? I am attaching problem reporting files herewith.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • Jasper’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • kextstat-output.txt
    822 bytes · Views: 50
  • RehabMan.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 38
  • touch-output.txt
    544 bytes · Views: 81
Status