Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sleep / Wake up problem with Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi P1lgrim,
you've been of great help, thanks to you I managed to fix the shutdown issue and as part of the attemps to solve the sleep mode problem I also generated the SSDT for power management which, I think, will optimize the CPU performances.
As for the sleep mode issue, it turned out that it was due to my power supply (Corsair RM 850i) that has a data cable (to monitor its status) connected to an internal USB socket of the mobo. If I disconnect that cable, sleep mode works well.
That explains it, it's a known issue with that type of power supply connection - Glad you tracked it down.

Hello,
I'm experiencing this issue with my new hackintosh (see profile): when I put it to sleep mode, it goes to sleep (fans stop, LED turns off) but after a second it wakes up again...
Also, when I shutdown the system, it turns off and then on by itself, so I have to keep the power button pressed for several seconds to turn it off for good.
Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Best way to get around this issue is to remove the Port easy enough done using SSDT-UIAC.

Yes.

I don't have any 100 (or 200) series hardware so have no personal experience to fall back on.
This means that I would have to research your problem in order to explain it to you and harsh as it might seem, I'm not about to do that. I don't even know if sleep / wake problems are endemic with this hardware.
I have tried to give you a start point to build upon and now it's up to you to progress it.
Use the forum search tool to see if others have anything to say on the matter.
Unplug everything not essential to booting the OS and see if the problem persists, it could be Ethernet, Bluetooth or an external hard drive etc.
I wish you luck.

I created new SSDT also try darkwake=0-10, same sleep/wake problem.

darkwake=10 is the best config without glitch screen but it keep wakeup from sleep. I did check the wake reason from terminal with following output.

2017-09-08 21:05:56.080946+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)

2017-09-08 21:07:51.672242+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

Thank you!
I had the same issue which was driving me nuts then I saw this post and remembered I also have a USB to my 750i disconnected it and it finally sleeps. Could some one link me to how I can add this to SSDT, I don't need the cable in on Hack boot but it may me nice to have it for Win when there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back