i5-8500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated my hackintosh from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave from iTunes yesterday. I updated on my backup SSD for safety. It worked fine for the first few hours.

The first and only issue so far was sleep and wake up. My previous build (10.13.6 on another SSD) had no problem of it, everything sleep-related worked flawlessly. When it goes to sleep, HDD and fans both stop, and it would wake on a wired keyboard or mouse. And I had already created custom SSDT for USB ports, all ports worked fine on both 10.13.6 and 10.14.

Last night I turn my Hackintosh into sleep, it seemed to be fine as HDD and fans stopped. After 2 hours it suddenly turned up without operation. However it wasn't a wake up, it was a restart.

I tested a few times today, and I discovered that my hackintosh will automatically shut down during the sleep, usually 1-2 minutes after fans stopped. When I try to wake up it from sleep, it would actually restart itself.

I've tried Darkwake=0,2,4,8 etc., nothing luck happened.

I've tested my motherboard by this method https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/native-nvram-available.192920/
Asrock Z370m Pro 4 natively supports NVram.

UPDATE: Thanks for #6 @itwas . His method worked for me.

Last edited:
I updated my hackintosh from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave from iTunes yesterday. I updated on my backup SSD for safety. It worked fine for the first few hours.

The first and only issue so far was sleep and wake up. My previous build (10.13.6 on another SSD) had no problem of it, everything sleep-related worked flawless. When it goes to sleep, HDD and fans both stop, and it would wake on a wired keyboard or mouse. And I had already created custom SSDT for USB ports, all ports worked fine on both 10.13.6 and 10.14.

Last night I turn my Hackintosh into sleep, it seemed to be fine as HDD and fans stopped. After 2 hours it suddenly turned up without operation. However it wasn't a wake up, it was a restart.

I tested a few times today, and I discovered that my hackintosh will automatically shut down during the sleep, usually 1-2 minutes after fans stopped. When I try to wake up it from sleep, it would actually restart itself.

drivers:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

kexts:
AppleALC
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
IntelGraphicsFixup
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
Shiki
USBInjectAll
XHCI-200-series-injector

specs:
see my bio
Main SSD: Intel pro 2500 360g (sata) HFS+
backup SSD: Crucial M500 240g (sata) APFS

I've tested my motherboard by this method https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/native-nvram-available.192920/

My Config.plist is down below(SmBios re-generated)

Following...

I have the same problem, on the same machine (Build #5 + GT 640), using the same set of Clover EFI files

SSD#1
updated from Sierra 10.12.6 15G1510 to Mojave 11.14.0 18A391
-> sleep = shutdown

HDD#1
fresh install macOS Mojave 11.14.0 18A391
-> sleep/wake working as normal

HDD#2
fresh install macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 17G65
updated from High Sierra 10.13.6 17G65 to Mojave 11.14.0 18A389
updated from Mojave 11.14.0 18A377 to Mojave 11.14.0 18A389

still don't know why

I have the same problem, on the same machine (Build #5 + GT 640), using the same set of Clover EFI files

SSD#1
-> sleep = shutdown

still don't know why
I didn't try on an HDD yet.

But I noticed that on 10.13.6, after I click sleep
1. Monitor goes black screen
2. CPU Fans and HDD shut down at the same time

while the sleep (or shutdown process) on 10.14 would act like
1. Monitor goes black screen
2. HDD shutdown
3. CPU fans etc. stop

It seems that I'm facing the same issue... I didn't notice any differences in the process of attempting to sleep aside from the fact that the power led goes off instead of starting to blink... And of course from the cold boot instead of waking up afterwards. :confused:

further testing :

SSD#1
-> sleep = shutdown

Reset NVRAM in Clover boot menu (Press F11)
result : no effect

checked the power management preferences in
Code:
/Library/Preferences
Code:
-rw-r--r--   1 root         wheel         108 Mar  4  2018 com.apple.PowerManagement.7402D403-3504-9205-E206-BE0700080009.plist
-rw-r--r--   1 root         wheel         393 Sep 26 17:43 com.apple.PowerManagement.7B17E968-ED2F-533A-BA4C-67A0205D0A91.plist
-rw-r--r--   1 root         wheel         273 Sep 25 23:26 com.apple.PowerManagement.plist
delete all the com.apple.PowerManagement.* files
reboot

macOS re-generated the com.apple.PowerManagement* files
Code:
-rw-r--r--   1 root         wheel          42 Sep 26 17:58 com.apple.PowerManagement.7B17E968-ED2F-533A-BA4C-67A0205D0A91.plist
-rw-r--r--   1 root         wheel         102 Sep 26 17:58 com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

result : sleep/wake function is working right now

Last edited:
check the image file located in
Code:
/var/vm/sleepimage
it is useless, delete the file, save some storage space, normally in sleep mode, it will not generate that image file

I'm having a slightly different issue. When it goes to sleep by itself, the monitor never actually goes black... it goes dark, but there is still signal and the arrow cursor is plainly visible. Selecting "Sleep" from the file menu just causes the machine to freeze for a few seconds, then the cursor comes back. Do you think deleting the power management files would address my issue?

The first and only issue so far was sleep and wake up. My previous build (10.13.6 on another SSD) had no problem of it, everything sleep-related worked flawless. When it goes to sleep, HDD and fans both stop, and it would wake on a wired keyboard or mouse. And I had already created custom SSDT for USB ports, all ports worked fine on both 10.13.6 and 10.14.

drivers:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

kexts:
AppleALC
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
IntelGraphicsFixup
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
Shiki
USBInjectAll
XHCI-200-series-injector

specs:
see my bio
Main SSD: Intel pro 2500 360g (sata) HFS+
backup SSD: Crucial M500 240g (sata) APFS

My Config.plist is down below(SmBios re-generated)
Your .kext and .efi are outdated. Some of them you don't need, some of them were cannibalized by others kexts and efis. Your config.plist is a template that I saw on dozens of sites... I can bet on that your hardware acceleration doesn't work and you don't have custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. So It's a miracle that you have just sleep/wake problems :)

You should figure out all these things first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back