Contribute
Register

[solved] Sleep function works with SSD type only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i3-2.10
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hi Guyz.

Quick question. Does sleep function on HP Probook 4530s only works with SSD type hard drives or SATA also?
Mine is not working, when i click on sleep function, it switches off the screen but the light on on/off switch keeps on flashing and cant switch on the screen again. A restart is the only solution

Thanks

Cheers

Sleep function works with SSD type only?

Hi Guyz.

Quick question. Does sleep function on HP Probook 4530s only works with SSD type hard drives or SATA also?
Mine is not working, when i click on sleep function, it switches off the screen but the light on on/off switch keeps on flashing and cant switch on the screen again. A restart is the only solution

Thanks

Cheers

It is normal for the power button to blink while in sleep. Are you saying that pressing it doesn't bring your laptop out of sleep?

It is normal for the power button to blink while in sleep. Are you saying that pressing it doesn't bring your laptop out of sleep?

Yes, on pressing the power button, it doesn't bring my laptop out of sleep.

PS- Even during sleep, only the screen is off, fan is running.

Thanks

Yes, on pressing the power button, it doesn't bring my laptop out of sleep.

PS- Even during sleep, only the screen is off, fan is running.

Thanks

How did you install? Was it like this from the beginning or is it something new?

How did you install? Was it like this from the beginning or is it something new?

Never worked for me so far, i have tried my way through lots of re-installs. Then, i thought may be the sleep function only works on SSD drives not SATA.
Installing process has been the official one from this forum, today i even patched my own DSDT, but still no luck.

Thanks again

Never worked for me so far, i have tried my way through lots of re-installs. Then, i thought may be the sleep function only works on SSD drives not SATA.
Installing process has been the official one from this forum, today i even patched my own DSDT, but still no luck.

Thanks again

Do you have working WiFi?

Yes, everything else is working perfectly.

Did you try EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power 30 sec, put everything back & restart?

FYI: SSD drives are SATA drives just like HDDs...

If you haven't done a fresh install lately, you should...

Also what version of OS X?

Did you try EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power 30 sec, put everything back & restart?

Hi again.
Thanks for the info. I am using ML 10.8.3 and did a fresh install 3days ago.
I press sleep from the top apple menu, the screen goes off and the fan keeps on running. on pressing the power on/off button the computer doesn't come out of sleep.

Thanks

HI RehabMan.
I have a patched DSDT, do i need these kexts?

AppleACPIPS2Nub
ApplePS2Controller
FakeSMC
lspcidrv
NullCPUPowerManagement 12.18.34 AM
Patched_10.7_AppleRTC

I read in a forum that NullCPU causing computer not to sleep

always appreciate ur reply. Thanks a million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back