Dell XPS 9550
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have updated my Dell Inspiron 17 N7110 to High Sierra 10.13 and the Sleep doesn't work properly on that. When I put the Laptop to Sleep via the Apple Menu then only the Screen goes black and nothing happens anymore. That I can get it to work again then I have to do an hard reset via the Power Button. When the Laptop goes itself to sleep after it was Idle then the Sleep is working but the Screen doesn't come back after I have pressed the Power Button. I didn't implemented Sound yet in this Setup. I think that the DSDT isn't properly patched or the Power Management isn't implemented properly.

The Problem Reporting Files are attached.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
Hello,

I have updated my Dell Inspiron 17 N7110 to High Sierra 10.13 and the Sleep doesn't work properly on that. When I put the Laptop to Sleep via the Apple Menu then only the Screen goes black and nothing happens anymore. That I can get it to work again then I have to do an hard reset via the Power Button. When the Laptop goes itself to sleep after it was Idle then the Sleep is working but the Screen doesn't come back after I have pressed the Power Button. I didn't implemented Sound yet in this Setup. I think that the DSDT isn't properly patched or the Power Management isn't implemented properly.

The Problem Reporting Files are attached.

Thanks for any help.

Remove the patch you have for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB in your config.plist.
Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Other than that...
Your problem reporting files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I removed now the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB in the config.plist and I also tried to boot withOsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but there I get an error as you can also see in the attached Screenshot with OsxAptioFix2Drv I can boot without problems. I also have attached the new Problem Reporting Files. I hope they are now complete.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 133
Which part of the guide I should follow because I have everything installed and can boot without any problems into the System. If you are reffering to the boot problem with the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. with OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi everything is fine. My only problem for is that the Sleep doesn't work.

Which part of the guide I should follow because I have everything installed and can boot without any problems into the System. If you are reffering to the boot problem with the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. with OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi everything is fine. My only problem for is that the Sleep doesn't work.

Start over.
Follow the guide as written.

You have done too many things wrong... not worth fixing.

I did now an whole reinstallation of OS X 10.13 and the Sleep still doesn't work. I have my needed Kexts for now installed to /L/E instead in Clover. I currently use an other Version of VooDooPS2 which make my ALPS Touchpad to work correctly but I don't get and Syspref Option because it says "No Trackpad found." I also rewatched my DSDT and I also have attached my new Problem Reporting Files. Please check, if I have done it correctly now or what is wrong. Thanks.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    2 MB · Views: 67
I did now an whole reinstallation of OS X 10.13 and the Sleep still doesn't work. I have my needed Kexts for now installed to /L/E instead in Clover. I currently use an other Version of VooDooPS2 which make my ALPS Touchpad to work correctly but I don't get and Syspref Option because it says "No Trackpad found." I also rewatched my DSDT and I also have attached my new Problem Reporting Files. Please check, if I have done it correctly now or what is wrong. Thanks.

Your config.plist is not from my guide.
Your drivers64UEFI is not per guide.
ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (you forgot to press F4).

I have now used your config.plist and adjusted the drivers64UEFI Folder as it is in the Screenshot in your Guide and now Sleep is working find and also wake. You can mark it as solved now. Thanks. Can you recommend me an VooDooPS2.kext which work correctly in 10.13 which SysPane and with an ALPS Touchpad?

Can you recommend me an VooDooPS2.kext which work correctly in 10.13 which SysPane and with an ALPS Touchpad?

I have no ALPS hardware, therefore not tracking ALPS PS2 kext development.
Use google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back