Motherboard
GA-Z97M-DS3H
CPU
i3 4360
Graphics
GTX 950
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had sleep and everything functioning fine before i switched system definitions a few times and ultimately went back to the classic Mac Pro 3,1.
sad.png
Now my sleep doesn't wanna work, any ideas? I'm on 10.10.2 Yosemite Clover uefi

https://vid.me/KR7q
What is happening: Hackintosh sleeps the display, and the systems fans keep spinning and functioning as if the system never went into sleep, and my APPLEHDA resets when i "wake up the system" (press a key on the keyboard) as if the computer actually went to sleep

I had sleep and everything functioning fine before i switched system definitions a few times and ultimately went back to the classic Mac Pro 3,1.
sad.png
Now my sleep doesn't wanna work, any ideas? I'm on 10.10.2 Yosemite Clover uefi

https://vid.me/KR7q
What is happening: Hackintosh sleeps the display, and the systems fans keep spinning and functioning as if the system never went into sleep, and my APPLEHDA resets when i "wake up the system" (press a key on the keyboard) as if the computer actually went to sleep

You should change your SMBIOS to better suit your hardware, as SMBIOS has a lot to do with power management (and ultimately sleep functionality)...

Cheers!

You should change your SMBIOS to better suit your hardware, as SMBIOS has a lot to do with power management (and ultimately sleep functionality)...

Cheers!

Thanks, but I have and i settled on an iMac 14,2 yet the sleep issue persists. :(

GA-Z97M-DS3H for Motherboard.
Intel Core i3 4360 with HD4600 integrated GPU
Thermaltake 550w for Power Supply
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 USB for bluetooth
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 for wifi
Some Dell Speakers for audio output
Logitech C525 for a webcam and mic/audio input
A Vizio HD Smart TV 24' used a monitor connected through HDMI.

I tried my backup clover USB with the fully working config.plist and it didn't work either in terms of sleep. I did not install any addtional kexts when i performed this or any additional tools. :( Please help...

Thanks, but I have and i settled on an iMac 14,2 yet the sleep issue persists. :(

GA-Z97M-DS3H for Motherboard.
Intel Core i3 4360 with HD4600 integrated GPU
Thermaltake 550w for Power Supply
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 USB for bluetooth
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 for wifi
Some Dell Speakers for audio output
Logitech C525 for a webcam and mic/audio input
A Vizio HD Smart TV 24' used a monitor connected through HDMI.

I tried my backup clover USB with the fully working config.plist and it didn't work either in terms of sleep. I did not install any addtional kexts when i performed this or any additional tools. :( Please help...

Put your computer to sleep (or as best as you can), and when you "wake it up" again, type this in terminal:

Code:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep "kernel"

Reply with the output of that command and we'll be able to troubleshoot this... :D

Cheers!

I figured it out, was the org.cup.cupsd.plist from System/Library/LaunchDaemons, i deleted it, and it seems to have knocked out my printing service right? so i ask someone to upload a copy of theirs and i put it back in, repair disk permissions, and boom. Sleep working right, and all.

I had same problem with sleep and wake up on ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO.
All USB were ok. DSDT also ok. Problem appeared after some time, don't remember the reason, sleep was working before.

SOLVED: Just reinstalled BIOS and CMOS reset. All is working fine right now.

Put your computer to sleep (or as best as you can), and when you "wake it up" again, type this in terminal:

Code:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep "kernel"

Reply with the output of that command and we'll be able to troubleshoot this... :D

Cheers!

Which part of system log should I look into to spot the issue? It's a long one. Please advise. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back