AMD
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

My build is based on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H mono, with i7 2600k cpu.

I installed lion and all is working in almost perfect shape, only 2 problems:

1. sleep - is working good in both manual and auto modes, but only for short terms. If I'm leaving the computer for a few hours and come back, can't seem to wake. Any solution?

2. Firewire - on board, working with DV camera but can't mount my WD Studio firewire HD (external). Any solution?

Thanks

Managed to resolve the problem by using SYBA pci card.

If you plan to buy the card, please pay attention to specific model, as not all SYBA TI chipset "declared" models are working (had to return 2 cards)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S53IG8/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Re: sleep and firewire issues - gigabyte Z68X-UD3H

About your firewire drive problem, do you have the finder open when you plug in your drive? Your finder preference settings may be set to not show drives on the desktop. Try opening Disk Utility and see if your drive is there. If it is, right click on it and select "mount."

It's not finder problem. Disk utility can't see the device at all. However, system information reports "mybook" on firewire when it's connected. I tried hooking it up with usb cable - detected, repaired the drive using disk utility (some hackintosh forum suggested it) and hooked up again using firewire - same result. System information - mybook, but disk utility can't see the disk at all.

Can you plug your drive into a Mac and see what happens? It would settle the question of where the problem is.

My drive is plugged into my iMac, where it works perfect.

Only difference: drive is FW800, and so is iMac. On board FW is 400 so I use FW800-FW400 cable which I got with the drive. Dob't think there is any problem there.

Hi there,

Similar problem here with firewire. I installed leo 10.7.1 and the system was fully functional and stable until I decided to install my Focusrite Saffire 24DSP (firewire audio interface). When I installed the driver for the device I got KP related to the IOaudiodevice and firewire, and couldn´t access the system anymore (tried -x and arch=i386 without success)

I remember that before I installed the driver I tried to connect an external HD through the firewire port but I couldn´t access the unit. I tried different ways to find it but it was not detected by the system even when the chipset?/description of the HD (vendor: OWC bla bal) was recognized in the system profiler.

Any ideas about this? It would be a solution to add a PCI firewire card? This system is built mainly to work with audio so I need to make the firewire work.

Thanx

11frames said:
Hi there,

Similar problem here with firewire. I installed leo 10.7.1 and the system was fully functional and stable until I decided to install my Focusrite Saffire 24DSP (firewire audio interface). When I installed the driver for the device I got KP related to the IOaudiodevice and firewire, and couldn´t access the system anymore (tried -x and arch=i386 without success)

I remember that before I installed the driver I tried to connect an external HD through the firewire port but I couldn´t access the unit. I tried different ways to find it but it was not detected by the system even when the chipset?/description of the HD (vendor: OWC bla bal) was recognized in the system profiler.

Any ideas about this? It would be a solution to add a PCI firewire card? This system is built mainly to work with audio so I need to make the firewire work.

Thanx

Hey wat up. I had issues with my built-in firewire bus on the motherboard. Made my Presonus Firebox have these annoying random audio dropots, something I've never had a problem with before.

Did a bit of research and apparently most firewire audio interfaces only work reliably with a TI ((Texas Instruments) Firewire Chipset. I ordered a PCIe firewire card by Syba http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S53IG8 which has a TI Chipset and everything works fine now. Installed OOB.

Hope that helps!

mazaibuzai said:
I ordered a PCIe firewire card by Syba http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S53IG8 which has a TI Chipset and everything works fine now. Installed OOB.

Hope that helps!

I tried that before but it didn´t work. The firewire port worked very slow. Finally I had to use a cheap PCI firewire/usb card. Now the my Saffire works (with little drops here and there), but no hard drives are recognized.

I wonder if it has to do with the DSDT and the bios, since recently i´ve installed another hack with a GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (one of the recommended builds, which has exactly the same firewire chipset) and the firewire worked perfectly in lion 10.7.2.

The DSDT download section is not to clear about this motherboard since there are two revisions but they don´t distinguish between them. What i mean is that my MB is Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev1 and I used DSDT for F9, but still I´m not sure if that DSDT is for my MB or for the new revision. Has anyone any other DSDT to try?

11frames said:
mazaibuzai said:
The DSDT download section is not to clear about this motherboard since there are two revisions but they don´t distinguish between them. What i mean is that my MB is Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev1 and I used DSDT for F9, but still I´m not sure if that DSDT is for my MB or for the new revision. Has anyone any other DSDT to try?

The main difference is that revision 1.3 supports PCI-e 3.0 for the next gen graphics cards soon to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back