Contribute
Register

SOLVED : Simple and quick solution for ALC892 Issue / With GA-Z170M and 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm having the same issue right now. How did you solve it? I can't seem to find the VoodooHDA.kext anywhere.
Thanks!

First of all:
1)get VOODOOHDA https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/ (2.8.8 worked for me, did not update yet to 2.8.9)
2)Install it and turn your sound down if possible
3)reboot
4) now your output should work already EDIT: loud and cracking since gain is at 80%
5) navigate to the .kext stated above (now present!)
6) show content and change things in info.plist (set igain = 0)
7) !IMPORTANT! to keep these changes the permissions have to be repaired with kextbeast or similar otherwise the kext will be invalid on reboot, restored and your changes will be gone
8) enjoy

Hey thanks for the reply! Ive gotten VoodooHDA installed and yes my output works however the kext file isn't in the extensions folder. I'm not sure where it could be. Did you experience anything like that?

First of all:
1)get VOODOOHDA https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/ (2.8.8 worked for me, did not update yet to 2.8.9)
2)Install it and turn your sound down if possible
3)reboot
4) now your output should work already EDIT: loud and cracking since gain is at 80%
5) navigate to the .kext stated above (now present!)
6) show content and change things in info.plist (set igain = 0)
7) !IMPORTANT! to keep these changes the permissions have to be repaired with kextbeast or similar otherwise the kext will be invalid on reboot, restored and your changes will be gone
8) enjoy[/QUOTE

Hey thanks for the reply! Ive gotten VoodooHDA installed and yes my output works however the kext file isn't in the extensions folder. I'm not sure where it could be. Did you experience anything like that?

Looked into it on my rig:
xxx-iMac:~ bac$ cd /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/
Info.plist MacOS/ PkgInfo Resources/​

then use the editor of you choise (nano, textedit,..) in my case atom:
sudo atom /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist​

Line 62-71 reads:

<dict>
<key>PCM</key>
<integer>80</integer>
<key>Rec</key>
<integer>70</integer>
<key>iGain</key>
<integer>0</integer>

<key>iMix</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

Change, save, kextbeast, reboot

Hello Everybody ;)

Before to start please excuse me for my english. I'm french ^^
I'm a new owner of hackintosh since few days only. It was not easy to reach to my goal and I would thank @tonymacx86 and @Stork for their help !!! :)

After have lost a lot of hours with a lot of solution no working for me... I was never able to get native audio working !
And I finally found this one ! Hope it can help you to have Audio with ACL892 !

My config is : GA-Z170M-D3H / i6700k with El Capitan 10.11.4

I try few solutions but no one was working for me (or maybe does I miss something)

1. - Multibeast 8.2.2 solution : NOT WORKING !
  2. - Adding AppleHDA.kext / HDAEnabler892.kext with KextBeast or Kext Wizard : NOT WORKING !
  3. - Using Audio_CloverALC-110_V1.command : NOT WORKING ! Have errors below in terminal
File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0r10
Release Mode
Password:
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
Error occurred, AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist/BundleShortVersionString not found
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.​

Finally I found this really simple solution : Just install VoodooHDA 2.8.8 pkg file.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Install the original pkg file ! For me the Voodoo inside Multibeast was not working.
After have installed the pkg, reboot and go to Pref Panel > Audio > Output and you will see the Audio :)
Digital-Out HDMI is working / Line-Out (Rear) is working / Headphones (Front) is working / Don't test for microphone.

LAST (IMPORTANT) TIPS :

When you plug your headphones on front or rear jack you will probably heard a noisy scratch sound !

• Go to Pref Panel > VoodooHDA
  • Select the 2nd option (see caption) to have the line settings. The first option concern the HDMI Audio.
  • Select the "Line Out" and just move Input gain to 0 and the bad noise will be removed :)
  • Do the same with "Headphones" and do the same if you use Front jack.
View attachment 194790

Hope this one will be clear for you and will close your issues with ACL892 Audio / 10.11.4 !!!

Good luck ;)

EDIT : Sometimes when I reboot the Input Gain slider go back to default value... Have to check that !

EDIT 2 : THE PB ABOVE IS SOLVED ! AUDIO FULLY WORKING.

I will show you the fix for the problem with VoodooHDA Pref Panel, where when you change the settings it's not saved when you reboot ! There is two reasons !

- First one : Check the VoodooHdaLoader.app is enabled to launch on startup !
Go to System Pref > Users & Groups : Click on Login items. If the VoodooHdaLoader.app doesn't appear click on the "+" below and go to your Applications folder to add it. (You can check Hide)

- Second one : You need to modify the Info.plist located inside our VoodooHdaLoader.app to force it to have a "0" value for settings.

Launch Terminal :
  • Type 'sudo -s' and your password
  • Type 'cd /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents'
  • Now type 'ls' to check if the Info.plist is right here
  • If ok type 'nano sudo Info.plist'
  • Scroll down until you see the <key>PCM</key>
  • Modify the four value PCM, Rec, iGain & iMix to '0'
  • Save and restart !

Now the problem must have been fixed :)
Hello Everybody ;)

Before to start please excuse me for my english. I'm french ^^
I'm a new owner of hackintosh since few days only. It was not easy to reach to my goal and I would thank @tonymacx86 and @Stork for their help !!! :)

After have lost a lot of hours with a lot of solution no working for me... I was never able to get native audio working !
And I finally found this one ! Hope it can help you to have Audio with ACL892 !

My config is : GA-Z170M-D3H / i6700k with El Capitan 10.11.4

I try few solutions but no one was working for me (or maybe does I miss something)

1. - Multibeast 8.2.2 solution : NOT WORKING !
  2. - Adding AppleHDA.kext / HDAEnabler892.kext with KextBeast or Kext Wizard : NOT WORKING !
  3. - Using Audio_CloverALC-110_V1.command : NOT WORKING ! Have errors below in terminal
File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0r10
Release Mode
Password:
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
Error occurred, AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist/BundleShortVersionString not found
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.​

Finally I found this really simple solution : Just install VoodooHDA 2.8.8 pkg file.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Install the original pkg file ! For me the Voodoo inside Multibeast was not working.
After have installed the pkg, reboot and go to Pref Panel > Audio > Output and you will see the Audio :)
Digital-Out HDMI is working / Line-Out (Rear) is working / Headphones (Front) is working / Don't test for microphone.

LAST (IMPORTANT) TIPS :

When you plug your headphones on front or rear jack you will probably heard a noisy scratch sound !

• Go to Pref Panel > VoodooHDA
  • Select the 2nd option (see caption) to have the line settings. The first option concern the HDMI Audio.
  • Select the "Line Out" and just move Input gain to 0 and the bad noise will be removed :)
  • Do the same with "Headphones" and do the same if you use Front jack.
View attachment 194790

Hope this one will be clear for you and will close your issues with ACL892 Audio / 10.11.4 !!!

Good luck ;)

EDIT : Sometimes when I reboot the Input Gain slider go back to default value... Have to check that !

EDIT 2 : THE PB ABOVE IS SOLVED ! AUDIO FULLY WORKING.

I will show you the fix for the problem with VoodooHDA Pref Panel, where when you change the settings it's not saved when you reboot ! There is two reasons !

- First one : Check the VoodooHdaLoader.app is enabled to launch on startup !
Go to System Pref > Users & Groups : Click on Login items. If the VoodooHdaLoader.app doesn't appear click on the "+" below and go to your Applications folder to add it. (You can check Hide)

- Second one : You need to modify the Info.plist located inside our VoodooHdaLoader.app to force it to have a "0" value for settings.

Launch Terminal :
  • Type 'sudo -s' and your password
  • Type 'cd /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents'
  • Now type 'ls' to check if the Info.plist is right here
  • If ok type 'nano sudo Info.plist'
  • Scroll down until you see the <key>PCM</key>
  • Modify the four value PCM, Rec, iGain & iMix to '0'
  • Save and restart !

Now the problem must have been fixed :)
+ Adriano I hope I am not too late ...
My ALC 1150 now at least give sound but I don't see any VoodooHDA in the pref panel, just "sound"
The sound works but it is noisy regardless of the volume setting.
I have controls for : line output ; headphone SPDIF for front and rear , also a mic control that does not control the volume.
Following your terminal example bring me to a existing info.plist but this is empty.

I am pretty new to Hackintosh so help is much appreciated

Works perfect!!!
After the 10.12.5 update, there was no sound...
try the old methods with no luck...
only thing to keep in mind, I had to disable old HDA kext....
I used Clover configurator to disable kext by the way.

thanks!!!!

It's work!!!! so many thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back